Can I use 72w instead of 72.5w for true south?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
My father played around with my motorized Ku setup and decided he wanted one. I am going to help him install his in a couple of weeks. His true south satellite comes up as 72.5w but it looks like it doesn't have any FTA on it or any linear transponders. Will I be able to get by if I aim to 72w? the zip is 01036.

My father played around with my motorized Ku setup and decided he wanted one. I am going to help him install his in a couple of weeks. His true south satellite comes up as 72.5w but it looks like it doesn't have any FTA on it or any linear transponders. Will I be able to get by if I aim to 72w? the zip is 01036.

The idea of using a TRUE SOUTH bird is to optimize the dish adjustments at the very center of the arc. You could actually use a bird considerable off TRUE SOUTH for adjust, but then spend some extra time "tweaking" the job at the opposite ends of the Clarke belt arc. I think your dad will have a fine hobby. Make sure you get him a login ID here at SatGuys.

:)

Yes you can, I use 72w for true south bird, I am at 71.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts