Can I use a bell 20" with dual LNB to work as an ECHOSTAR for 110+119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alucard dx

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I was looking at the Y bracket(for dual LNB's on dishnetwork) and the dish and brackets look the same from Bell. Assumming I had a dishnetwork reciever can I take my bell dish off 91 and 82 then reaim it 119 and 110 using bells dish and an echostar reciever.

alucard dx said:
I was looking at the Y bracket(for dual LNB's on dishnetwork) and the dish and brackets look the same from Bell. Assumming I had a dishnetwork reciever can I take my bell dish off 91 and 82 then reaim it 119 and 110 using bells dish and an echostar reciever.

Oh, yes. Just reaim. Works great
:)

One more question LOTR! I live in Edmonton. May I have the co-ordinates for 110 and 119 in my area. Will a 20" dish cut it or am I out of the footprint? Thanks so much for your help!

alucard dx said:
One more question LOTR! I live in Edmonton. May I have the co-ordinates for 110 and 119 in my area. Will a 20" dish cut it or am I out of the footprint? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi, alucard
see attached link, hope will help

ooo...ps!! sorry- can't post links yet!!
but for Edmonton use below settings

True Azimuth: 180.6

Elevation: 31.3

Skew Angle 89.7

good luck!

Umm,

I am pretty sure that out in the prairie provinces like Edmonton that either 110 or 119 is unattainable due to the shrunken area of coverage that Dish did a few years back.

Crispy

alucard dx said:

You would be better off usign a pair of 80cm dishes. One for 110 and one for 119.

Kryspy said:
Umm,

I am pretty sure that out in the prairie provinces like Edmonton

When did Edmonton become a province? :D
kind of like on an episode of "Trailer Park Boys" (the gas station episode) when Ricky says "Provinces like Texas and Calgary dont have the BS taxes" :)

Ok I'm up and running! I managed to get 110 with a 30" dish. 119 is a complete loss. Would a larger dish help? Also what other sattlelites does Dish have that I can pick up in my area. You guys have been great and thank-you for you time!

I'm very new to this and I mean no worries. It would have been nice if there was a detailed description of what dishes do what,IE: prices, where to buy etc. So give me a break. I asked about pansat because when I looked up Echostar it was being provided by pansat and echostar so I wanted to know the difference that is all.

You will need a Echostar brand system to subscribe to Dish Network. You will need to contact a broker or friend/family in the states to setup service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts