Can I use a bell 20" with dual LNB to work as an ECHOSTAR for 110+119

alucard dx

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I was looking at the Y bracket(for dual LNB's on dishnetwork) and the dish and brackets look the same from Bell. Assumming I had a dishnetwork reciever can I take my bell dish off 91 and 82 then reaim it 119 and 110 using bells dish and an echostar reciever.

alucard dx said:
I was looking at the Y bracket(for dual LNB's on dishnetwork) and the dish and brackets look the same from Bell. Assumming I had a dishnetwork reciever can I take my bell dish off 91 and 82 then reaim it 119 and 110 using bells dish and an echostar reciever.

Oh, yes. Just reaim. Works great
:)

One more question LOTR! I live in Edmonton. May I have the co-ordinates for 110 and 119 in my area. Will a 20" dish cut it or am I out of the footprint? Thanks so much for your help!

alucard dx said:
One more question LOTR! I live in Edmonton. May I have the co-ordinates for 110 and 119 in my area. Will a 20" dish cut it or am I out of the footprint? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi, alucard
see attached link, hope will help

ooo...ps!! sorry- can't post links yet!!
but for Edmonton use below settings

True Azimuth: 180.6

Elevation: 31.3

Skew Angle 89.7

good luck!

Umm,

I am pretty sure that out in the prairie provinces like Edmonton that either 110 or 119 is unattainable due to the shrunken area of coverage that Dish did a few years back.

Crispy

alucard dx said:

You would be better off usign a pair of 80cm dishes. One for 110 and one for 119.

Kryspy said:
Umm,

I am pretty sure that out in the prairie provinces like Edmonton

When did Edmonton become a province? :D
kind of like on an episode of "Trailer Park Boys" (the gas station episode) when Ricky says "Provinces like Texas and Calgary dont have the BS taxes" :)

Ok I'm up and running! I managed to get 110 with a 30" dish. 119 is a complete loss. Would a larger dish help? Also what other sattlelites does Dish have that I can pick up in my area. You guys have been great and thank-you for you time!

I'm very new to this and I mean no worries. It would have been nice if there was a detailed description of what dishes do what,IE: prices, where to buy etc. So give me a break. I asked about pansat because when I looked up Echostar it was being provided by pansat and echostar so I wanted to know the difference that is all.

You will need a Echostar brand system to subscribe to Dish Network. You will need to contact a broker or friend/family in the states to setup service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts