Can I use a combination antenna for this location?

Mark A Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
East Tennessee
Hello,
My tv fool report below. Can I use a combination UHF / VHF for this setup? Need suggestions on which antenna and amplifier to buy. THANKS!

Radar-All.png

Hello,
My tv fool report below. Can I use a combination UHF / VHF for this setup? Need suggestions on which antenna and amplifier to buy. THANKS!

View attachment 94670
What is the question you are asking you need both VHF and UHF. You can use both a combination antenna or separate UHF and VHF HI. After looking at www.antennaweb.org You need both VHF HI and LOW TVFool shows 5 and 27 NBC with the same call letters and same broadcast location, Antenna web only shows ch 5.

Last edited:
What is the question you are asking you need both VHF and UHF. You can use both a combination antenna or separate UHF and VHF HI. After looking at www.antennaweb.org You need both VHF HI and LOW TVFool shows 5 and 27 NBC with the same call letters and same broadcast location, Antenna web only shows ch 5.

Any recomendations for a VHF HI and UHF combination ? Do you recommend a seperate booster, if yes what kind ?

Thanks

He really wouldnt need VHF LO

5 is the original station but they have a translator on 29 at the same location. Since it shows decent numbers on the tvfool he could use that instead

He really wouldnt need VHF LO

5 is the original station but they have a translator on 29 at the same location. Since it shows decent numbers on the tvfool he could use that instead

That changed, before the transition deadline 5 was broadcasting on 28 uhf. They are on 5 vhf now.

I stand corrected, you're right............5 is on 29 uhf. Wonder when it changed?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I did have it combined with an 8 bay channel master UHF, but did away with it because this antenna works great by itself. No splitters.

I like that wineguard also, can't justify in fixing something that isn't broke or I'd try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts