Can I use a Dish 500 with dual lnb dp pro to get sats 72 and 77

I believe you can pick up 61.5 and 72.7 , but not 77 because 77 and 72.7 are too close together and it would effect the focus beam for both sats. Now if you have to dish 500s you can use one for 61.5 and 72.7 and use the other for 77 alone with a dish pro single lnb. It would give you eastern arc dish ,but spread out over two dishes.

Well if the Dish Network Subscription Channels is correct, I don't need77. It only has foreign channels. So it seem s that I could use the 500 for the 61.5 and 72, and still have all the channels i need.

So do I use the same angels as the 1000.4 Skew, azimuth, elevation.

I would use similar skew and elevation ,but I am thinking a dish 500 will be a lot different than a 1000.4 dish. It might get you in the right area but do you have a satellite meter to detect the sats and to peak it? That is really needed to get a good lock on the satellites.

So do I use the same angels as the 1000.4 Skew, azimuth, elevation.

I'm using that setup currently. If you go to the SatCalculator.net website (not Dishpointer) it will show you the correct Skew/Azimuth/Angle numbers for your location. I think you may have to use 72.5 as the second sat location in the calculator but the numbers given should work.

If you're still at the SC location listed in your profile the numbers are:

True Azimuth - 154.6
Magnetic Azimuth - 160.5
Elevation - 45.99
Skew - 75.8

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts