Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
a former tennant (long gone) where i live use to have VOOM before dish network took it over. the dish is still on the side of the building not being used. i thought i read somewhere that the dish was large enough to use as an FTA dish.

can berg or someone else confirm this? if i could use it, i would just need to have someone take it down and relocate for me. thanks for any info.

ETA: I just measured and it looks like it about 25 inches which i believe is too small for my needs.

Last edited:
The Voom dish (at least the one I have) is too small for reliable FTA signals. You could probably get a (very) few, very strong channels, but certainly not many. Or you could get NASA @ 119.0w and some I.D. channels on other DBS sats. Personally to me, it would only be good for a dedicated dish for the NASA channel. That is, if I was interested in doing it, which I'm not. Also the DBS sats use a Circular lnbf, while most FTA sats use a Linear lnbf. Either lnbf can be mounted on the Voom dish, but to most people, the small size is not worth the effort to use it? Your decision, Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts