Can I use both IR and RF on one receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

insaneoctane

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I've got the hr34 and would like to use both the included remote in RF mode and my logitech harmony IR remote at the same time. Is this possible or if I enable RF will the harmony not work?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I've got the hr34 and would like to use both the included remote in RF mode and my logitech harmony IR remote at the same time. Is this possible or if I enable RF will the harmony not work?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I would say no. I know this from having a Slingbox attached to my DVR. By having my DVR set to RF,I cannot use the IR blaster to change channels with my Slingbox. I imagine that you'll run into the same problem with your harmony remote.

The only HD dvr that will allow both IR & RF remotes at the same time is the THR22-100 Tivo.
I Did NOT know this - can you answer a couple other questions related to this, please:
- Does the Tivo "peanut" remote do RF, or is there (an optional) one made that does? If not, can you use one of the white RF remotes to achieve RF control then?
- Are there multiple remote codes (that work on both IR & RF) to choose from, like there were on the old D* Tivo's?

I Did NOT know this - can you answer a couple other questions related to this, please:
- Does the Tivo "peanut" remote do RF, or is there (an optional) one made that does? If not, can you use one of the white RF remotes to achieve RF control then?

The included tivo peanut remote is RF, and yes you can use older white RF remotes.

- Are there multiple remote codes (that work on both IR & RF) to choose from, like there were on the old D* Tivo's?

The new tivo peanut remotes use the same 8 IR codesets as previous receivers. And it uses the RID to allow independent control of multiple RF receivers without conflicts.

As long as you don't turn the RF on through the menu, a tivo will accept both IR & RF via these instructions on the remote themselves:

1. press and hold Tivo & Stop until the light remains on, release
2. enter the last 6 digits of the Receiver ID#(RID), found a sticker in the access card compartment

If you ever want to switch it back to IR mode:

1. press and hold Tivo & Pause until light remains on, release
2. press #1 key, or whichever between 1-8 that matches the receivers address.

If you have White Directv RF remote, and want it married to your receiver do the following:

1. dtv, av1, or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter last 6 digits of Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts