Can I use my reciever at another location?

jerzstyle00

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
dallas,tx
I would like to take my dish reciever to my brothers house(who has a dish installed but no service) next week for a birthday party but don't want to miss any of the games.Will using my reciever at his house work?

Depending on what receiver you have and what dish he has it may or may not work. Will need more info to give you a full answer. What receiver do you have?

At the very least all you may have to do is run a check switch on the receiver.

Depending on what receiver you have and what dish he has it may or may not work. Will need more info to give you a full answer. What receiver do you have?

At the very least all you may have to do is run a check switch on the receiver.

I believe I have a 722 hd/dvr combo reciever(just recently got it installed).Not sure what dish he may have. But i know he used to have international channels and american channels that pointed to 110/119/118.8

It will work, when you connect it you will need to run a check switch, but most likely you wont get your HD channels. Also depending on what type of switch is hooked up to that dish, you may have to remove the seperator from the receiver. If he has a DP34switch, remove the seperator and hook upto the sat input 1. If he has a DPP44 switch, you have to make sure the power supply is hooked up, and leave the seperator in place.

So, lots of variables, but it can work. But you won't get the HD channels.

Maybe some more info will help with this.

The basically have 2 recievers at home. One is a hd/dvr 722 and the other is a 222 (i believe) which is also a dual hd reciever that can be used for 2 tv's. The installer looks like he placed a dp44 on my dish.Not sure what my bro has but im assuming a dp34? But considering what i provided can anyone detail me on what to exactly do or will more be needed?If so let me know thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts