Can I watch Galaxy 19 @ 97.0°W using 75cm Elliptical from where I am

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks guys.
Laropra, thanks for that site, although it shows some information which I will need to study installation instructions first to have them useful

Satellite: Galaxy 19
Orbital position: 97°W
Distance to satellite: 38273.38km
Beam: Ku-band North America Beam (Ku)

Azimuth angle: 213.14°
Elevation angle: 37.29°
LNB Tilt (Skew): -24.47°

Hyedipin,

Regarding the Azimuth, Elevation and LNBF polarity (skew) angles shown on the Satbeams site.....

Make sure that you register as a member of the Satbeams site, otherwise I think you are considered as a "guest" and these angles default to some arbitrary location which is NOT where you live, so they will be incorrect for your location.

I haven't found where you can change the coordinates of the receiving ground station (your location of the receiving antenna) while accessing the site as a guest user.

When you register as a member, then you can edit your location coordinates and all the maps will show a marker point for you and a look angle line drawn to each satellite that you pick.

I wasn't sure if you were aware of this, so I wanted to state it before you started scratching your head.

If there is an option to edit / enter your coordinates rather that the default coordinates, would someone please let me know how to get to that. It would help others. I registered as a member and seem to have better results from their site functions.

AcWxRADAR

Thanks AcWxRADAR. You can use http://www.satbeams.com/footprints/ and click on Set Marker Here after putting in coordinates, it works that way as well.

I also found out about Dishpointer, which seems to be a great website. I just moved the green marker on top of my house, and the values given are as following:

Satellite Data Dish Setup Data
Name: 97.0W Galaxy 25​
Distance: 37997km
Motor Latitude: 40.7°
Declination Angle: 6.3°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 37.3°
Azimuth (true): 213.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 226.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 24.5°
arrow-r.png

Last edited:
Thanks AcWxRADAR. You can use SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprints and click on Set Marker Here after putting in coordinates, it works that way as well.

I also found out about Dishpointer, which seems to be a great website. I just moved the green marker on top of my house, and the values given are as following:

Satellite Data Dish Setup Data
Name: 97.0W Galaxy 25​
Distance: 37997km
Motor Latitude: 40.7°
Declination Angle: 6.3°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 37.3°
Azimuth (true): 213.1°
Azimuth (magn.): 226.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 24.5°
arrow-r.png

Hyedipin,

Is that without registering as a member? Thanks for the information!

I am just recently becoming familiarized with that site, so I am quite green.

RADAR

Dishpointer does not require registration.
SatBeams, (after picking your satellite from the slider above the map) when you click on that little orange pin point thing
marker_dot.png
it pops up with a coordinate input screen. You put Lat first it refreshes, and then you go back to it and put Long, and it fixes to the given coordinates.

Dishpointer does not require registration.
SatBeams, (after picking your satellite from the slider above the map) when you click on that little orange pin point thing
marker_dot.png
it pops up with a coordinate input screen. You put Lat first it refreshes, and then you go back to it and put Long, and it fixes to the given coordinates.

Hyedipin,

I did understand that Dishpointer didn't require a registration, but I don't care for that proggy very much.

I like FreeHostia.com better. I think it has more options available to refine the search or query.

Now that I have recently found the Satbeams web site, I really like it all. I go back and forth between every web site I have found because some sites have perks that the others do not and vice versa.

I continue to utilize Lyngsat, SatCoDX, SatBeams, FreeHostia and DishPointer as well as Google Earth and NASA -JTrack, SUNcalc and a few others. There are many helpful tools out there!

Gordy (AcWxRADAR)

I just found out about SatCoDX, and it is a great site. I can't believe they even keep track of broadcast bandwidth of each and every channel and keep record of them to show average bps! Great site.

Maybe you know, is there any site that lists all available FTA channels (ones without any encryption) based on given base Lat/Long? I could not find this tool anywhere. They all just list satellite you can see, and you would have to go through each one by one just like SatCoDX.

Back to receiver, I just sent an e-mail to the ebay seller on that PVR receiver to find out about condition/warranty/return policy. It just sounds too good to be true, unless that's the market price it is going for.

I just found out about SatCoDX, and it is a great site. I can't believe they even keep track of broadcast bandwidth of each and every channel and keep record of them to show average bps! Great site.

Maybe you know, is there any site that lists all available FTA channels (ones without any encryption) based on given base Lat/Long? I could not find this tool anywhere. They all just list satellite you can see, and you would have to go through each one by one just like SatCoDX.

Back to receiver, I just sent an e-mail to the ebay seller on that PVR receiver to find out about condition/warranty/return policy. It just sounds too good to be true, unless that's the market price it is going for.

Hyedipin,

I think you have just been infected with the FTA virus! LOL!

FTA (true FTA) is a hobby that you just cannot put down! You are going to like it I am sure! It is quite addictive.

When the first two dishes that were "professionally" installed werent grounded I figured why bother

6 years and no issues :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.