CAN I????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
so i wanted to know if i could use a 10ft dish for two birds. i know i can but... can i get say 101w and 99w??? they are only 2 degrees so i dont know if i can or not? i want to use the dual scalar ring or quad scalar ring. what is the degrees that those scalar rings need to be?????????? i want my main bird which is 101w what other birds can i get with a dual or a quad?

so i wanted to know if i could use a 10ft dish for two birds. i know i can but... can i get say 101w and 99w??? they are only 2 degrees so i dont know if i can or not? i want to use the dual scalar ring or quad scalar ring. what is the degrees that those scalar rings need to be?????????? i want my main bird which is 101w what other birds can i get with a dual or a quad?
I would like to try same but with ku band. I read a few old threads. Were you can side car a ku band lnb.

i think we both red the same old threads lmao. idk if its doable. i dont see why not but idk. im sure a lot of ppl are going to say go for it lol

2 degrees might be tight - my guess is that it would be hard to go less than 4 degrees, just because of the size of the LNB feedhorns. Now if you try Ku on a large dish like a 10 footer (Ku-only), you might be able to squeeze then close enough to do 2 degree-spacing

so 2 degrees is a no go i guess your saying. so 4 degrees and up???? how far apart aka degrees can i go? 10 degrees???

10ft dish with f/D 0.3 would mean focal distance of 3ft.

2 degrees arcdifference could be say around 2 degrees Hour Angle difference for your location.

Then the distance between LNBs phase centers would be 2 x 0.01745 x 3ft =about 0.105 feet (or even less, as I wasn't counting the factor of .85-1.00 which is often mentioned for multifeedcalculations).

Just to give you an idea of what you are looking for...

Greetz,
A33

2-degrees is tough getting the LNBs close enough with the scalars.

But, I think it depends on the feeds you are trying to pull in. If they're on strong transponders, have a nice amount of error correction (FEC 2/3 or 3/4), are DVB-S and QPSK then you can be much looser with your aim and still get a usable signal.

Why don't you try it? That's the fun of this stuff :)

Reactions: KE4EST and Brct203
no motors at all. im going to order a dual bracket and give it a shot and lets you all know how it goes.

2 deg will be really tricky. Depends on the dish though, if the focal depth (distance from the dish to the focal point) is long enough it might work. I have 3 feeds on a really shallow 8 footer, 91, 99, and 107. Even then the scalers are almost touching. You might get 97 and 103 with modded scaler rings or without them at all at 4 deg. Can't hurt to try!

im not sure what my F/D is i will look in next couple of days :) im sure ill get around to buying and installing another lnb to see if that works or not idk yet tho

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts