Can my account be put on vacation until my contract is up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
After 16 years w/Dish I have about had it with the really poor programming and a $135/month bill. I've switched to Netflix and Amazon for 95% of my viewing now and yesterday downgraded to the Flex pack. What a crock that is for $40/month. 90% worthless junk. I find it hard to believe people watch that stuff but maybe they actually pay Dish to carry it.

Can I go on vacation and still have the use of the Hopper DVR to watch my recordings? I need ~ 5 months to contract end then I can cancel Dish completely.

After 16 years w/Dish I have about had it with the really poor programming and a $135/month bill. I've switched to Netflix and Amazon for 95% of my viewing now and yesterday downgraded to the Flex pack. What a crock that is for $40/month. 90% worthless junk. I find it hard to believe people watch that stuff but maybe they actually pay Dish to carry it.

Can I go on vacation and still have the use of the Hopper DVR to watch my recordings? I need ~ 5 months to contract end then I can cancel Dish completely.
Take care

You can't pause under contract and keep the price reduction under contract. If you do you will lose the contract discount and pay the regular price for the remainder of the contract after the pause. Pausing does not count towards the time left on your contract to the best of my knowledge. Read the agreement....

"In the event that you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, then you will no longer be eligible to participate in DISH's 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion and you will pay the then-current price for each of your programming packages, Additional Receiver Fees, and DVR Service Fees."

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can't pause under contract and keep the price reduction under contract. If you do you will lose the contract discount and pay the regular price for the remainder of the contract after the pause. Pausing does not count towards the time left on your contract to the best of my knowledge. Read the agreement....

"In the event that you participate in DISH Pause, or any other program that allows you to temporarily suspend your DISH service, then you will no longer be eligible to participate in DISH's 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion and you will pay the then-current price for each of your programming packages, Additional Receiver Fees, and DVR Service Fees."

Got it - thanks. I don't get any discount since I switched my service so I will just keep it active.

Reactions: Tampa8
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)