Can no longer watch shows DVR'd on our 2nd Hopper and vice versa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got a notice on the Hopper2 screen that an update is available. I had to tell it to hold off so my wife can finish watching her program, but it'll be interesting to see if it fixes the U243 2nd Hopper DVR issues when I run it a bit later.

I await your report with bated breath.

Then I would say, some idiot pushed out the update anyway? ;)

I'd guess that it's all a matter of priorities. The problem is so obvious you know it must have been seen before release but there are probably a very low percentage of customers that play recordings from one Hopper to another that it might have been lowered on the priority list. Just look at the ongoing OTA problems that some folks have been having for several software versions. :)

Well, apparently that was much ado about nothing. I allowed the update and restart they wanted, but I'm not seeing any changes. I'm still showing U243 as the current version...

Reactions: navychop
I just got a notice on the Hopper2 screen that an update is available. I had to tell it to hold off so my wife can finish watching her program, but it'll be interesting to see if it fixes the U243 2nd Hopper DVR issues when I run it a bit later.
Was the number in the upper-right corner of the message 514b? That is the new screen to notify you that the Hopper is about to go into standby for the Daily Reset (downloading the program guide, checking for software updates, etc.) and not necessarily an indicator that there actually is new software available.

Was the number in the upper-right corner of the message 514b? That is the new screen to notify you that the Hopper is about to go into standby for the Daily Reset (downloading the program guide, checking for software updates, etc.) and not necessarily an indicator that there actually is new software available.
I've seen that one on occasion, but I thought this message was different. I could be wrong though...

Reactions: pattykay
Same issue here. When trying to fast forward a recording on the other hopper instead of going 30 seconds, it might be one or two seconds. I hit the button 60 times and it still wasn't through the commercial break. When pausing, it pauses for one second and then starts playing again. When rewinding it goes forward. Just the problems I've noticed, its unacceptable. My wife wants me to call Dish, instead I checked here. I wonder if Dish would take some $ off my monthly bill? Now might be the time to switch to Comcast, I already have internet through them and there aren't many new shows coming now. We've loved Dish, but this might be the time to move on...

Reactions: dweber
Dish might offer some credits. But I wouldn’t put too much hope in that.

There is some hope that they will in fact fix this “soon.”

Be careful you don’t jump from the frying pan into the fire. I, at least, have FiOS as an option.

Reactions: nmguy
Same issue here. When trying to fast forward a recording on the other hopper instead of going 30 seconds, it might be one or two seconds. I hit the button 60 times and it still wasn't through the commercial break. When pausing, it pauses for one second and then starts playing again. When rewinding it goes forward. Just the problems I've noticed, its unacceptable. My wife wants me to call Dish, instead I checked here. I wonder if Dish would take some $ off my monthly bill? Now might be the time to switch to Comcast, I already have internet through them and there aren't many new shows coming now. We've loved Dish, but this might be the time to move on...

Have you seen the Comcast DVR's? If you had you probably wouldn't be considering a move to them for very long. I don't think they even have the capability of watching a show from one DVR to another, which on your Hoppers is a temporary software bug that should be fixed soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)