Can not set up remote on 211k

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Just added a receiver (211k) to my parents account, and had to replace the remote.
Ordered one off of amazon, but for the life of me, I can not get it to work with the box.

I have gone through the instructions that came with it such as going to system info, pointing it at the box, hitting record then trying it. Nothing.

I also pressed sat on the remote until the top buttons flashed, then hit 1 then pound. Sat flashed three times to set, still nothing.

Ideas?

I would be happy to assist you. What is the model number of the remote? Please try the steps below to see if that resolves the issue.
1. Press and hold the SAT button until all the lights are lit.
2. Enter any number 1-15.
3. Pree the pound(#) button once.
4. Then press record.

The remote is a 21.1 ir/uhf.

I tried that and entered 1, since that was the remote code listed on system info. It did nothing.
Should i try a different number?

No microswitch near the battery compartment or plastic key on bottom of remote? I can't keep track of all the remote versions.

take your remote remove battery cover make sure dip switch is in ir and the key that can be pulled out is showing tv1.
then follow normal linking procedures.
which is push the system info button on receiver, then push sat button then record button and then you should see the address block flash and a number change for address remote.

then click done.

Reactions: sodly
take your remote remove battery cover make sure dip switch is in ir and the key that can be pulled out is showing tv1.
then follow normal linking procedures.
which is push the system info button on receiver, then push sat button then record button and then you should see the address block flash and a number change for address remote.

then click done.

Yep when you really need to know the answer ask a field tech...not a CSR.

Reactions: bigjohnok
Woah, not all csr's are bad. Lol I was one. But yes. Most csr's are clueless and it almost felt like dish was encouraging metrics and ass kissing, over knowledge of the company. That in mind, if you do need to ask a csr, try to get in touch with the broadband department. Those will be your smartest CSRs at the company. They also tend to be the most senior agents. And not a single one is outsourced. They are the ones that the techs call for help 90% of the time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)