Can one setup a new account with owned equipment self installed?

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
There is a 92 year old lady that has been given some used dishnetwork equipment. If I install the equipment for her, can she sign up for the locals (or the Welcome package) without a contract or pay for a service call from dish?
Bob

She can sign up for an activation only account. It will be a Pay in Advance Account and she would need to set it up with Dish Family of higher programming. There is no commitment with this type of account and anyone from DIRT will be able to assist you!

Thanks for the answers, She really only wants the locals, but I thought the Welcome package might work for her at $15 - I doubt that she can afford much more then that. What are the requirements for having just the Welcome package?
Bob

You have to go through the DIRT team to start with Welcome Pack. As long as the equipment is owned they set you up on AT120 (to get the account going) then change it over to Welcome pack right away.

I know Matt has been able to set up accounts like that.

There is a 92 year old lady that has been given some used dishnetwork equipment. If I install the equipment for her, can she sign up for the locals (or the Welcome package) without a contract or pay for a service call from dish?
Bob

Need to know what model/models receivers she has.There are some models that can no longer be activated.

She can't get locals OTA because of hills, she has 301 receiver (with new card) and legacy twin 500. Locals are on the 119 satellite.
Bob

She can't get locals OTA because of hills, she has 301 receiver (with new card) and legacy twin 500. Locals are on the 119 satellite.
Bob

Then yes you can get that activated.As mentioned earlier pm one of the dirt members and see what package they can offer.

I recently replaced my 301 with a 211K. I was told to trash the 301, it was obsolete. i did have to return the card however.....

according to Matt the 301's are still being activated (post was made 6/1)

We can still activate them, but I couldn't tell you how long they'll be good for since we're phasing out QPSK receivers.

"The 5000, 6000, 7100/7200, 622HZ, 721, 921, 942, 1022HZ and JVC IRR receivers cannot be re-activated once disconnected" is what our internal site says, does not say 301 can't be reactivated

Spoke with CSR and they said......

DISH CSR said that if my daughter wished to set up a new account at her home , with the Welcome Pack only using my owned 501 receiver and dish which I would install, she would have to commit to a 2 year contract. DISH offered an alternative plan leasing her DVR for 2 years for $14.99 + $6.00 for the DVR per mth. Does this sound right?

I spoke with the CSR for about 15 minutes last week. She was very pleasant and did state specifically that a new account could be opened with a 2 year contract with the Welcome Pack only. Nothing was mentioned about opening with a higher package and then immediately downgrading. It appears that she was incorrect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)