Can Portland Oregon receive Bell Expressvu signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
man9 said:
Hi all,

Few days ago I tried to set the elavation at around 28 degree, point the dish at 128 degree and skew at 67 degree but still didn't get any signal from expressvu. again, I"m in Portland oregon and I wonder if what transponder number I should try to detect for the 91 and 82 satellite?

14 & 15 are the best to use

In addition, I'm using the dish network 500 LNB 119 and 110 to try to get the 91 and 82 satellites. Will it work? I think the LNB between dish and expressvu are the same....

Please give me some advices.
yes it will work. Both are 9 degrees apart between the respective satellites

Hi,

I still can't get the dish to the right direction (it seems). My zip is 97124, hillsboro oregon and I wonder what is the elevation, skew and LNB direction I should adjust/point to?

man9 said:
Hi,

I still can't get the dish to the right direction (it seems). My zip is 97124, hillsboro oregon and I wonder what is the elevation, skew and LNB direction I should adjust/point to?
Are you taking into account magnetic deviation when aiming the dish? Using your zip I don't see where you are getting 128 degrees as the direction to point. Using the page I linked earlier, it shows Nimiq1 at 119, and Nimiq2 at 110, both magnetic, which is what you see using a compass. It sounds like you are trying to aim with a true north reading with the compass.

Hi Keenan,

Thanks for your useful info. I did get into the webpage that you provided and got the following information:
-elevation = 28.8
-Polar(skew) = -27.4
-Azimuth=118.7

I adjusted the dish based on the above information but I still got 0 signal. Do you think I did something wrong? I put the dish in my balcony which should have a line of sight to the satellite.

Thanks.

man9 said:
Hi Keenan,

Thanks for your useful info. I did get into the webpage that you provided and got the following information:
-elevation = 28.8
-Polar(skew) = -27.4
-Azimuth=118.7

I adjusted the dish based on the above information but I still got 0 signal. Do you think I did something wrong? I put the dish in my balcony which should have a line of sight to the satellite.

Thanks.
Is the mast completely plumb? If everything is set up right and you swing the dish slowly through an arc to see if you get signal, and nothing happens, then either you have something not setup right or there is a problem with the receiver. If you're sure the receiver, and the the LNBs are good, then I would do what HDTVFanAtic suggested, have a pro installer come out and do it. From your postings here it looks like you've spent a fair amount of time already trying, I would not waste anymore time, bite the bullet, and get an installer.

#1 No one has posted to confirm that all the BEV transponders can be received in Portland. Several hundred miles south and we know they are dead.

#2 If one can receive 82W and 91W in Portland (if there is even a signal there) is questionable with a .5 meter Dish 500.

#3 The above could make it futile for a professional, much less an amateur.

As of tonight all the transponders on 92 can be received in Los Angeles once again. I don't know how long this will last, but it's nice to be able to get all the channels I pay for, once more.

Now if they can only restore all the HD channels on 82, all will be right in the universe again.

Thank you all for the info. I will try again this weekend with a friend of mine who has more knowledge about this stuff. If it still doesn't work, I'll give it up and switch to direct TV for cantonese channel.

clayface1000 said:
As of tonight all the transponders on 92 can be received in Los Angeles once again. I don't know how long this will last, but it's nice to be able to get all the channels I pay for, once more.

Now if they can only restore all the HD channels on 82, all will be right in the universe again.

I have not checked all the channels on 91, but I did notice the Movie Central SD Channels were back a little while ago. After your post, I went to check and every transponder except 7 of the 32 are in the 90s - the 7 not in the 90s range from 84-89 in signal strength - so yes, they are smoking hot.

Unfortunately (for me) the 82W HD bird is still a disaster.

From the way it looks here on 82W.

1, 3, 5, 9, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 25 appear to be coming from the stronger bird. 5, 9 and 25 are questionable.

2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, and 31 appear to be coming from the problem bird.

6, 10, 22 and 29 do not have any signal on them here - so they might not even be active - which is wierd for to have 2 satellites in the 82W and have 4 transponder slots not active - oh well. Maybe they are active and I cannot see them or testing the rumored turbo mode.

That said, I wouldnt swear to any of it. The lineup of stations and transponders for HD on 82W that I made for this post compared to lyngsat is clearly different (ie, ScoreHD is on T26 while Lyngsat reports them on 25),

It could all be here today and gone tomorrow.

As Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind!"

It appears that Bell's resurrection of 92 for those of us in the Southern reaches was short lived. Apparently it lasted all of one or two days. As of this morning, everything was back to the crummy state it was in before.

Sorry for the brief raising of hope. I guess it was just some &$#%@ engineer's way of playing a big joke on everyone.

Still with a .9M Toroidal, 1@84 1@86 2@88 and 2@89 - all the rest are 90+.

The problem is, nothing on 91W I want to watch :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)