can roof support new 5 LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Heck at one point I had on my roof

30" motorized FTA dish
37x27 StarChoice dish
Dish500
another 30" dish motorized
The one second from the left in the photo looks like a .75 meter PrimeStar antenna..I also used something similar for a days gone by service called Star Band..A defunct intenational sat/programming service.
Is that one fiberglas?..It sure looks like it..

The one second from the left in the photo looks like a .75 meter PrimeStar antenna..I also used something similar for a days gone by service called Star Band..A defunct intenational sat/programming service.
Is that one fiberglas?..It sure looks like it..

I dont think the 75e SC dish is fiberglass. Its really light. I used a DirecPC dish for a while and that was fiberglass :)

Just a minute..Just because you are capable of and have the means and time to create a better roof mount doesn't mean anything..
Do you think satellite techs shpuld be prepared at their expense perform miracles such as the one you did 12 years ago?..I am impressed you had the means and abilty to build the world's best roof mount..But we as techs don't have that luxury.
You had all day to think that one over and all the time you required to build that thing..We have a but a few minutes to decide where the dish can go, and how to get the job complete. Then we go to work..Then we do that three to 5 times a day depending on how many jobs we have athat day and other factors...Oh yeah, most of us work alone.I would have to pay someone out of my pocket to have a helper..Pay rates don't allow for that type of expense.
I am sick and tired of people outside the business coming on here and complaining about techs who won't go through extraordinary measures( free of charge no doubt) so someone can their tv fix..

Dude you need to take a prozac and chill.
1) I never claimed it to be anything and certainly not the worlds best roof mount. I merely tried to answer the posters question if a dish could be mounted to the roof and give him an understanding of how I did it to help him out. Which is the purpose of any forum.
2) You are right,I probably did spend some time the first time I mounted it,but when I replaced it with the at9 it probably took me less than an hour.Maybe you being the professional that you are,if you had ever given it any serious thought or effort could have devised a way of doing it without an extra set of hands.
3) I don't think mounting a dish on the roof is an extraordinary effort if thats where it needs to go to get a good signal for that particular location,and I never said anything about doing it for free.

Dude you need to take a prozac and chill.
1) I never claimed it to be anything and certainly not the worlds best roof mount. I merely tried to answer the posters question if a dish could be mounted to the roof and give him an understanding of how I did it to help him out. Which is the purpose of any forum.
2) You are right,I probably did spend some time the first time I mounted it,but when I replaced it with the at9 it probably took me less than an hour.Maybe you being the professional that you are,if you had ever given it any serious thought or effort could have devised a way of doing it without an extra set of hands.
3) I don't think mounting a dish on the roof is an extraordinary effort if thats where it needs to go to get a good signal for that particular location,and I never said anything about doing it for free.
Look, it's my problem for getting defensive..I was spouting off, yes. But I was also testing you..usually people outside the business who post on here that they can do this and that and they expect techs to have all the tools and time to do it...With you, such is not the case..Yeah I, can do stuff that most techs won't do..If I cann get it done in a reasonable amount of time with little to no out of pocket expense, I'll get it done.... I do roof mounts 80% of the time..
I consider what you did to be custom work..The issue I have is the expectations of SOME customers is we should be able to perform miracles at no extra charge...I will go get my scrip filled now..

...I will go get my scrip filled now..

now that there's some funny s***,I don't care who you are

no problem,I definately understand the time and material cost that the people installing for a living are under.:hatsoff:

now that there's some funny s***,I don't care who you are

no problem,I definately understand the time and material cost that the people installing for a living are under.:hatsoff:
just got back form Eckerd's...What'll ya have..I am willing to share!!!!:hatsoff:

Hmmmm ill take some, chill pills are always welcome in this profession. :D

I dont even blame the customer 99% of the time for asking for customs for free as Most dont know or understand the difference, the problem is usually DTV or the sales person, as they just like to push the sale through and tell the customer that we ( installers ) will take care of it or answer their questions on site.

What do you mean i need a phone line for my dvr??? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm ill take some, chill pills are always welcome in this profession. :D

I dont even blame the customer 99% of the time for asking for customs for free as Most dont know or understand the difference, the problem is usually DTV or the sales person, as they just like to push the sale through and tell the customer that we ( installers ) will take care of it or answer their questions on site.

What do you mean i need a phone line for my dvr??? :rolleyes:
I don't blame them for asking wither..Why not.In some instances if the request is a rather simple one,I'll do what the cust wishes. It's worth it. It helps with customer realtions..
Now, the customer who wants stuff done for free and when advised that the request would involve additional charges and then becomes demanding, isn't getting anywhere with me..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts