GEOSATpro Can someone confirm this?

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Scan in any channels using "Single Satellite Search"

Note the polarity of channel either V or H - - - go back to "Single Satellite Search" and change the Polarity to the opposite of whatever channel you were watching.

Now when you go back to the channel it will say - - - "Notice: No Signal".

if you change back to Auto or the Polarity of the channel - - - the channel will appear again.

i'm running HDVS54012-1108249A0 2012-8-23

Thus I don't have the very latest firmware so this may have already been fixed.

Of course you'll lose that signal, because you are changing your parameters on the transponder screen to ONLY look at the opposite polarity after already scanning it in on whatever polarity it truly is.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say, I don't see any issue here.

But should not the "Seach" Polarity have zero affect on channels that are already scanned in?

I'm not saying change the Polarity of the channel - - just the "Search" Polarity. For example, if I wanted to search a satellite for just V and forgot to go set this option back to "Auto" - - - I might think something was wrong when I got the "Notice: No Signal" message.

Oh, ok, that makes more sense put that way. No, I wouldn't think that would be normal, but could it be a matter of it "holding over" for a short period, and maybe just waiting a few extra minutes would then allow it to realize you aren't scanning anymore, and recover?

Or maybe just a quick channel up / channel down would do it.

I'd check it myself, but I'm at work right now.

Load the latest firmware to operate with the voltage selection returning to a default "AUTO".

We had originally configured the voltage to remain in the mode selected during the channel search to support hobbyists with a LNB / feedhorn configuration requiring a fixed voltage at all times irregardless of the polarity selected. We modified this in the 8.29.2012 firmware to return to voltage selection to the default "AUTOMATIC" once we learned that users did not want this feature and it confused more users than it applied to...

This seems like an issue (similar, but not the same) that I'm experiencing on 31.5°W. I scan in the channel, when I go into antenna setup and highlight the transponder, the signal quality disappears. It should be noted that the Sathero 200 meter, would display quality while the MicroHD doesn't have quality. I have even swapped cables and LNBs, but not change. I'm using the latest firmware. I may have to investigate this further.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts