Can Someone Please Explain This To Me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Okay so i now have my fta system moved to another location; i was able to reaquire my true south satellite ia 5, and got about 90% quality and about 85% level on it...i can also get G3, but I can't touch Telstar 6, then on the other side i cant get AMC 4, but I can get AMC 1 at 99% quality and 90% level...i used my johnson angle finder when mounting the motor and it was dead on at 90 degrees...i mean not even off a little...it seems like im skipping satellites or something...i've got 31" fortec dish with a fortec ultra receiver and a SM3D12(I think) motor. It seems to be working..just is weird how i can get one really strong that is only 2 degrees from one that i cant get at all.

Make sure you are using a LIVE TP/Channel......

IA-6 DFreq : 11865 MHz(V) SR : 3.515 Msps

AMC-4 DFreq : 11706 MHz(V) SR : 2.170 Msps

May be a line of sight issue, also check the antenna set up for each satellite again and make sure the L.O. is right.....

what is L.O, i am able to go all the way down to 79.1 W, but I really Want SBS 6 which is at 74.1(or somewhere close) West but I get 79.1 west great but no SBS 6...this is really beginning to frustrate me.

sweetness

I went over to lyngsat, found the ONN info and put in, scanned back torwards SBS 6 and book, 80% level 80% quality..i think im starting to understand this now..

Great, L.O. means Local Oscillator, its the value you add in the Antenna Set Up screen depending on what LNBF you have.

Standard = L.O. 10750
Universal = L.O. 09750-10600
DBS = L.O. 11250
C-Band = L.O. 05150

oh okay, well i just put mine on universal per the fortec manual...seems to be working now i'm doing a power scan and getting several active transponders..i think i may actually be on the arc , i guess that just because i wasnt getting it doesnt mean its not there..i just wasnt looking for an active transponder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts