Can Someone Please Explain This To Me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Okay so i now have my fta system moved to another location; i was able to reaquire my true south satellite ia 5, and got about 90% quality and about 85% level on it...i can also get G3, but I can't touch Telstar 6, then on the other side i cant get AMC 4, but I can get AMC 1 at 99% quality and 90% level...i used my johnson angle finder when mounting the motor and it was dead on at 90 degrees...i mean not even off a little...it seems like im skipping satellites or something...i've got 31" fortec dish with a fortec ultra receiver and a SM3D12(I think) motor. It seems to be working..just is weird how i can get one really strong that is only 2 degrees from one that i cant get at all.

Make sure you are using a LIVE TP/Channel......

IA-6 DFreq : 11865 MHz(V) SR : 3.515 Msps

AMC-4 DFreq : 11706 MHz(V) SR : 2.170 Msps

May be a line of sight issue, also check the antenna set up for each satellite again and make sure the L.O. is right.....

what is L.O, i am able to go all the way down to 79.1 W, but I really Want SBS 6 which is at 74.1(or somewhere close) West but I get 79.1 west great but no SBS 6...this is really beginning to frustrate me.

sweetness

I went over to lyngsat, found the ONN info and put in, scanned back torwards SBS 6 and book, 80% level 80% quality..i think im starting to understand this now..

Great, L.O. means Local Oscillator, its the value you add in the Antenna Set Up screen depending on what LNBF you have.

Standard = L.O. 10750
Universal = L.O. 09750-10600
DBS = L.O. 11250
C-Band = L.O. 05150

oh okay, well i just put mine on universal per the fortec manual...seems to be working now i'm doing a power scan and getting several active transponders..i think i may actually be on the arc , i guess that just because i wasnt getting it doesnt mean its not there..i just wasnt looking for an active transponder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts