Can someone tell me about the D* H10?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smolenski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I just got set up with the HDTV package and this was the set top box I got. I did some seached on various boards and can't find anything about it. But, so far it has been great.

Thanks,
Del

Well I could use some help too. I have the HTL-HD and wanted to hook up the DVI
cables but cannot get the reciever to go to the DVI mode.....it' stuck in the RGB mode
and stays there. I've reset the the blasted thing twice and unplugged it for 15 min. and still it's in the RGB mode. Anybody got any ideas.

smolenski said:
I just got set up with the HDTV package and this was the set top box I got. I did some seached on various boards and can't find anything about it. But, so far it has been great.

Thanks,
Del

Congrats, you got one of Directv's newest HD receivers.

The manual is online here:

http://www.2000networks.com/manuals/directv_h10.pdf

I saw one on Ebay the other night and went hunting for details but couldn't find any because the thing appears to be very new.

Here's hoping it isn't as buggy as the current Samsung model.

dakeeney said:
Well I could use some help too. I have the HTL-HD and wanted to hook up the DVI
cables but cannot get the reciever to go to the DVI mode.....it' stuck in the RGB mode
and stays there. I've reset the the blasted thing twice and unplugged it for 15 min. and still it's in the RGB mode. Anybody got any ideas.

When you say RGB, do you mean the VGA DB15 port or the Red Green Blue Component outputs? If you mean the Component outputs, then there is a physical switch on the back that changes between Component output and DVI/VGA output.

As stated above, it's DirecTV's newest "HD" IRD. In the future, pretty much all IRDs going out will be DTV branded...although still manufactured by the best current manufacturers.

Telamon......
Yes I have physicaly moved the switch in the back from component to DVI and it still
stays in the RGB mode. I checked the front panel and it still reads RGB.

dakeeney,

Have you tried using the Format button? It is located on the right side of the front panel. :)

I have tried the format button. I do have the gefen 2 to 1 dvi switcher and it works
fine with to hr10-250. When I hook up the DVI in the HTL-HD to the other input I get
picture drop-outs then snow then screwed up color then pic disappears, snow and
the same crap all over again.

After reading the instructions for the Gefen unit it said nothing about hooking up the optional power unit, so I disconnected the power unit and apparently it is not needed
unless you have a long cable run because my hd still looked good on the 10-250 so
I'll try hooking up the HTL-HD tomorrow. I did switch inputs and it was still messed
up before I disconnected the power unit. Maybe this will correct things. Thanks for
all the suggestions and help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts