Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi guys

i just want to know if i put two diplexer in each two lines , to mix cable and satellite .will it work or just will work with the old directvsystem but not for swim lnb. thanks

Old system yes, SWM no. Some say they've done it before but I've never seen it or been able to successfully get it to work. SWM and cable run on nearly the same frequency (from what I understand) so it causes a huge mix up between signals.

manuelpaz said:
Hi guys

i just want to know if i put two diplexer in each two lines , to mix cable and satellite .will it work or just will work with the old directvsystem but not for swim lnb. thanks

Yes will work with swm. did it yesterday. Eliminates whole home DVR to that paticular rcvr.

SA Holly Springs GA said:
Yes will work with swm. did it yesterday. Eliminates whole home DVR to that paticular rcvr.

Please explain how you don't end up with 771 on the receiver? I've managed to get it to work for a few days then either burn up the diplexers or just end up searching for signal

Hutch1814 said:
Please explain how you don't end up with 771 on the receiver? I've managed to get it to work for a few days then either burn up the diplexers or just end up searching for signal

I'm sorry. I misread your orginal post. I used to diplexers to mirror tvs not to mix cable and sat. Im not 100% sure how to mix the 2. I applogiZe.

Curiosity. How do you have it ran now? (The way it worked for a while)

SA Holly Springs GA said:
I'm sorry. I misread your orginal post. I used to diplexers to mirror tvs not to mix cable and sat. Im not 100% sure how to mix the 2. I applogiZe.

Curiosity. How do you have it ran now? (The way it worked for a while)

I don't, I can't figure out how. I've played a little with it at home just trying things but never had it work solid for more then a few days

This is how. You can use SWM and MRV compliant Diplexors SWM CATV MRV Diplexoer Spec Sheets and here is a picture.

gw_SD_SWMD1.jpg

There is also a swm diplexor with mrv/Deccca filtering called the SD SWMD3. This model provides MRV isolation with the same sort filtering that is in a green lable SWM splitter so it will cut out a chunk of your cable channels. most helpful if your are providing an analog/digital headend alongside a SWM MDU installation. In this case you would be avoiding the MRV frequencies (475 - 625 MHz) when designing your headend channel lineup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts