Can the Hopper do this?

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
On the 922 & 32.0 remote you could press a certain button sequence (I wish I could find the instructions) and the remote would beep faster the better your you remote signal was and slower when the signal got weaker.

Are the Hopper/Joey & 40.0 remote capable of doing this?

On the 922 & 32.0 remote you could press a certain button sequence (I wish I could find the instructions) and the remote would beep faster the better your you remote signal was and slower when the signal got weaker.

Are the Hopper/Joey & 40.0 remote capable of doing this?

Just tested it, and yes it did work.

-Get system info on the screen (menu twice on remote)
-Hold SAT til all lights are lit
-Press and hold the Input/Recover button for several seconds until the SAT mode light blinks and then stays lit. Then release the Input/Recover button.
-After about five seconds, the remote control will provide feedback on its range to the receiver.

3-4 lights - Remote has a strong signal, well within range.
2 lights - You may want to adjust the antenna.
1 light - Remote may not operate, double check antenna is tight, and adjust if possible.

Hmm, never knew that was even an option. Only problem is there isn't an external antenna on the Hopper or Joeys to adjust so not sure how you would make the signal stronger other than moving the Hopper/Joey itself.

Hmm, never knew that was even an option. Only problem is there isn't an external antenna on the Hopper or Joeys to adjust so not sure how you would make the signal stronger other than moving the Hopper/Joey itself.
Hopper has a antenna similar to the vip922.....I'm looking at it, the Joey's is internal, which is unfortunate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)