Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
6' fixed mount dish

Anything -can- be done. Is it easy?
Well, it depends on the depth of your personal junk pile.

Take a look at this page at Sadoun.
It's got essentially the same fixed dish for less, and the version with the motorIZABLE Polar Mount for -less-, too.
My understanding is that the version Sadoun has is heavier metal in the dish, too.

Now, what would you add to make it move.?.
Any of the motors/movers/jacks/actuators or whatever you like to call them.
For a small & light dish, probably any of the actuators would work but as to what length to get, I'll leave that to others to discuss.

Then, how do you move the motor with your receiver?
Well, if you have a modern DVB receiver, the addition of a Gbox v3000 would be my recommendation.
We even have a favorable review of the controller, in our Hardware Equipment Review department.

Come to think of it, Iceberg had a Sadoun 1.8m dish... and I thought he did a review on it...
Well, maybe I'm wrong... ???

Once you decide on thhis package, then you'll want to consider the LNBF or feed and LNB package.
We can help you with that, too.

Oh, and the last question is: Are you sure a 1.8m dish is large enough to get the satellites you seek?
That should be your next discussion! - :up

edit: oops, looks like Kirara said the same in far less words.! ::)

thanks for the replys....im very new to c-band.....i have alot of experience setting up diseqc motors with smaller dishes and that is basically childs play to me now.....

to be honest i dont know if a 6 footer is big enough....im not looking to view any specific satellites or channels i just want to experiment.....i was going to attempt to receive some c-band on my 1.2m dish but im not sure its worth the hassle because its too small??? so i might just jump right into the water and buy a bigger dish.....i also live in cold climate and my diseqc motor freezes up sometimes....

so from what im understanding now i need a c-band dish with a polar mount and an actuator???....will my FTA receivers be able to power/move a dish this big???

You'll need something like the Gbox to control the actuator.

You also might check your local craigslist to see if someone is giving away a BUD

MikeyII

The Sadoun 180 dish hardware and metal quality are different (better) than that generic dish listed in the link you posted.

We use galvanized 0.8mm steel while the generic one has non-galvanized 0.6mm steel. Also the mounting hardware used with our dish is heavier duty and beefier.

To top it out, our price is cheaper :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)