can weather play into OFA performance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Okay, I know it could have a small effect depending on night and day and electromagetic fields varying.

However I am suspecious that I all of the sudden boosted my signal by removing the Diplexer on the roof yesterday when I put up the 30 inch dish and ran a dedicated home run from dish to tv.

Wierd thing is that I checked yesterday quickly before installer left and while my new bigger dish signal was kickin tail. THe OFA seemed to not change.

Then I was debating on removing diplexer in house at back of stb but decided to leave it there as I am going to carry D+ signal in the fall (nfl ticket stranglehold by d*) so I left it there. and and plugged into D*stb that is currently not connected to d* dish.

Then last night I turned to local channels and the 3 I was before not able to recieve were comming in at about 65 signal quality.

I thought it was a solor flare or something.

But this morning they are still working yet at a lower signal then last night 28-34

Any ideas??

People have reported that using diplexers can degrade OTA signal. I do not see it but my OTA is pretty strong to begin with. In your case, it may be. Which is why it's recommended you ask the installer to run a dedicated line if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts