Can you get the new HD from DISH?

Do you currently receive the new HD channels from DISH?

• Total voters
Yes, all good here in Southern Florida. Just south of Boca Raton.

I changed my old setup 2 months ago..

Now i have a dish 1000..

Sats picked up are: 110, 119, 118, 129..western arc.

Another TurboHD sub here not getting anything new ... perhaps we will see our prices go down

GRExpert,

Now that is funny, Dish just raised my bill by $51 bucks and then suggested I pay them $95 to install another Dish so I could get the rest of the HD channels that (just got added) and that I'm paying for.

I was stern but not rude (during the call to the Dsh Call-in center) and I ended up with a $15 dollar satellite upgrade last night.

On another note the current poll is running about 37 percent of HD subs can't get the new HD channels. This seems to suggest that Dish's statement claiming it only affects a small number of subs, is less than truthful.

John

Hopefully the new satellite going up will correct this for all of us not in the lower 48.

Those without a six foot dish are probably missing around 30-40 channels, those with a six foot dish can get the movie channels and the RSNs when they have something on. We're missing the othe channels not on spot beams(BBCA, MGM, Etc).

If they were to get rid of the HD tiers and packages and just had a single HD package for everyone I could get all of the HD today.

Maybe this is a dumb question... But couldn't you just "move" your service address to some address in the lower 48 states and sub to a normal HD package to get whatever your dishes pick up? You'd sacrifice any locals you get through Dish, but it might be worth it for the extra national HD (especially if you can get anything OTA).

Then once HD is added to the AK package you can "move" back.

I originally had 110/119/129 when I was first installed at the new house. When my locals went HD, I had to get a wing dish to get 61.5.

Overall I was happy because 129 was in and out a lot because of LOS issues.

Do I need to go to eastern arc to make sure I get all of the channels without LOS issues?

Thanks in advance...

No new HD channnels for me, 110/119/61.5, since 129 is to low for me I am going to swing my 61.5 to 72 and see how that goes. I no longer need 61.5 as #80 DMA is not worhty of locals in HD.

On another note the current poll is running about 37 percent of HD subs can't get the new HD channels. This seems to suggest that Dish's statement claiming it only affects a small number of subs, is less than truthful.

Of course it's not truthful. Dish lies continuously these days. As I've said before, it's a good thing that I don't get to talk to Charlie face-to-face, or I'd be bound by my honor as a rational, truthful American to punch him in the mouth.

Have all the channels that were turned on yesterday.

Moved into this new house in October 2006, Dish installed the 1000.2 dish at western arc.
I didn't have an HDTV at the time but I ordered a VIP 211 so i would be ready when I did purchase one.

Have 110 / 119 / 129 satellites.

not a one.

have 110/119/61.5

I hope they rethink this. It just seems silly the way there is a new standard for what dishes you need every couple of years. TV should be set it and forget it.

I read these posts from work today and figured I was a part of the "small number of subscribers" not getting the new HD channels, being here in New England. Came home and confirmed that was the case (119/110/61.5), then decided to try Customer Chat on-line before getting tied-up on the phone with a CSR. It worked like a charm - Within 5 minutes I had a technician scheduled to come tomorrow between Noon & 5 PM (only a $15 Fee, since I have the Service Plan) and was done with the Chat. One of the most pleasant (and quick) experiences I've ever had with Dish or any other similar company - I'm happy.... :)

No new HD channnels for me, 110/119/61.5, since 129 is to low for me I am going to swing my 61.5 to 72 and see how that goes. I no longer need 61.5 as #80 DMA is not worhty of locals in HD.

There's a whole bunch of national HD on 61.5 you'll lose by swinging your 61.5 dish to 72.7. You'll need another dish and a switch or a changeover to a 1000.4 EA solution. National HD is on both 61.5 and 72.7.

There's a whole bunch of national HD on 61.5 you'll lose by swinging your 61.5 dish to 72.7. You'll need another dish and a switch or a changeover to a 1000.4 EA solution. National HD is on both 61.5 and 72.7.

Thanks, wasn't sure what I would loose, guess they will be getting a call from me to fix this issue.

No go here. Another New Englander with 119/110/61.5 I'll probably try to install an additional dish for 129 sometime, but I believe I need to swap the legacy LNB on my spare dish to a DP one. I do have a DP44 installed so I've got the input for it. I hate to put too much work or expense into it cause there's no way I'll still get 129 once the leaves come out.

When I first got DN service, the had mine set up on 110/119/129. When my locals were added I called back and they had to add a wing dish set at 61.5. They took down the dish that gets 110/119/129 and changed it to just one that got just 110/119. So I guess I'll just give them a call and get the other dish back and all will be fine......

I have a tech coming out tomorrow to upgrade. I have a 110 119 and 61.5 and I live in the Albany NY area could someone tell me what satellite dishes I will likely get and how many? I already have 2 currently one with the 110 and 119 and other with 61.5
Please help!!

Shouldn't there actually be another choice on the poll? I have 110/119 with 61.5 for my HD locals. I could easily swing my dish to another spot but I would lose my Lansing,MI HD locals. Just how many dishes do I need. Mike

I have a tech coming out tomorrow to upgrade. I have a 110 119 and 61.5 and I live in the Albany NY area could someone tell me what satellite dishes I will likely get and how many? I already have 2 currently one with the 110 and 119 and other with 61.5
Please help!!

YankeeFAN,

Since some of your Albany Locals on only located at 110, the installer will either add a third Dish for picking up 129 (so you would get 119,110,129, and 61.5), or install an Eastern Arc Dish and connect the 110 lnb on your Dish 500 to the LNB input on your New Eastern Arc Dish so you would get 110, 615., 72.7, and 77.

Either way you will be required to receive satellite signals from 4 different orbital slots to get all the programing you subscribe too.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts