Can you get the new HD from DISH?

Do you currently receive the new HD channels from DISH?

• Total voters
Note the just like Satellite Guys has a higher percentage of AEP and multiple Duo receiver subs, it also has a higher percentage of early HD adopters who would have 61.5/110/119.

I guess I get them, was looking at the plantinum channels I guess showing up in red still. To bad I am not new and get them added on with 250 package

Can't do it because I am the only one with a mpeg 4 612 DVR. Everyone else has cruddy SD sets with 3 cruddy 510 DVR's. My mother would not give up that receiver for anything and she can never go back to not using a DVR.

A 211k with your own external hard drive + dvr software from DISH for $39.99, turns your receiver into the hd version of a 510 dvr ,but with ota support as well. You can record two things at a time : ota/sat.

I am on the EA1000.4 So no new HD for me. I had the WA 1000.2 but could not get local HD -- so I had them install the 1000.4 dish.
I still have the 1000.2 - I added a big single LNB dish to get 129 better then the stock 1000.2 3 lnb dish.

So can I connect my big single dish to my 1000.4 and get locked on 129 also?
I have not taken the lnb assembly apart yet. Is there an INPUT connection into the switch to add the 4th dish?

Or must I use an external switch. I dont think that will work.
To get it work on the 1000.2 dish I disconnected the 129 lnb and connected mine in its place.
So any help on adding the 4th LNB/dish to 1000.4 would be appreciated
R

Scott asked if we could get the new HD channels and that would be NO for me as I am a Turbo HD Gold subscriber and don't get any of these or any of the previous additions and cannot get Platinum unless I go with one of the now named Americas Top packages. I really do not want one of them so I will see what to do after my contract runs out.

I have a VIP622 and one antenna that picks up 3 satellites 110/119/129 and a Dish 500 pointed to 61.5. Had to get the 61.5 when the local HD channels were activated on Dish. I have 61.5 unhooked at this time as my local HD channels are on 129 now and also on 61.5.

Nope No new HD channels for me. I live in Scranton Pa. have 110/119/61.5. Thinking of upgrade in the spring hopefully i will get them then.

I have the 61.5/110/119 setup. I upgraded to HD a few months after the EA/WA intro and was told that I really wouldn't want the EA setup by dish rep and the installer. I have the 110/119 dish on a pole at the edge of my property for LOS, and the 61.5 is on the house. It would be very nice to have one dish, but pay to get it?? I would also lose my 501 PVR, so I'd have to pay for the privilege of leasing a 211K. I also don't think it's right that I have to find out what I'd lose by switching to EA.

I've never considered leaving dish for Direct, but I'm really starting to now.

I have a 110/119/61.5 setup that was installed for me 2 years ago when I upgraded to HD. The channels are not appearing in my guide at all. I'm grandfathered in to the Turbo HD Bronze (HD only) package, but I should still at least see them as 'red' channels, right?

I have a 110/119/61.5 setup that was installed for me 2 years ago when I upgraded to HD. The channels are not appearing in my guide at all. I'm grandfathered in to the Turbo HD Bronze (HD only) package, but I should still at least see them as 'red' channels, right?
Probably not, since you can't see the bird....

I just noticed this poll and since it started on 2/11, I voted "no, I need to upgrade". That upgrade happened on 2/12. I now see 61.5, 72.7 and 77 instead of 61.5, 110 and 119.

Installer just came and said he could not do anything because Im not able to get the 129 satellite. What about the eastern arc??

What is a Yankee fan doing in here? The main Yankee channel (YES) probably won't ever be carried by Dish.

Yankeefan,

As long as you currently have a 61.5 Dish it could be replaced with an Eastern Arc dish, you will also need the Dish 500 pointed at 110. The installer will have to run a cable from the 110 output of the Dish 500 to the Eastern Arc Dish. He might have to replace the LNB, with a Single slot DP LNB with an "I" adapter for the Mounting arm.

John

If Yankeefan is in the NYC area, EA is all the sub needs. What are you saying about a dish looking at 110? If you are talking about the NYC locals, they are all on 61.5 as well as 110 and 119. Check the list. But note all of your receivers must be MPEG-4 (ViP series) receivers for this to work.

Thank you for the help but the installer said nothing about that setup and has already left he said I have to wait untill they are put onto the 61.5. I dont know what to do now. He didnt act like he knew anything!!

Scott already said the new channels are staying on 72.7 and will not move to 61.5. You need the EA (1000.4) dish. My new one says Dish TurboHD on the face of it. All you want is the new 1000.4 and you will be all set. State this clearly to the CSR on the phone when you call to schedule the service call.

BTW.. as I posted elsewhere, my upgrade was free and I have no DHPP. I did not sign nor was I asked to sign any 2 year agreement either.

I get them now. I had to call customer service because the HD versions of BBCA and TRU showed up as channels I was not subscribed to. The CS rep did something and they now show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)