Can you have more than one UHF remote on either Hopper or Joey and EHD?

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
So my wife and I fight over who gets the remote. I was told you can only have one Hopper UHF or one Joey remote on a machine at any time. Is this true? I use to have several of the grey uhf remotes for my 722/622. If not any suggestions on this?
tx
R.

You can have at least 4 on a Hopper not sure how many on the Joey but definitely more than one.

You can have multiple RF remotes paired to the Hopper. I know this because during the install of my two Hoppers, the installer somehow paired both remotes to one Hopper. He had to call his support to find out how to unpair the second one.

In theory, according to the Zigbee protocol (IEEE 802.15.4), you should be able to pair at least 65,000 remotes. But the sys info screen on the hopper is probably designed for less than that ;)

I ordered a second remote but I am unsuccessful in trying to pair it. When I initially press and release the Pair button the Sat mode button flashes once and I do not get the series of beeps as indicated in the instructions. What am I missing here?

Thanks

hdqboss said:
I ordered a second remote but I am unsuccessful in trying to pair it. When I initially press and release the Pair button the Sat mode button flashes once and I do not get the series of beeps as indicated in the instructions. What am I missing here?

Thanks

You press and release the SAT button, not the Pair one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Can the Hopper and Joey's watch the same recorded program at the same time?
They will be able to watch the same recorded DVR program, but it won't be in sync.

Nothing will be in sync between the joey and hopper (even live events) as there's some delay between all the streams.

Last edited:
Do the older remotes like a 6.3 PRO or the 20.0 model work with the Joey or do I need to buy a new one?

A second question a little off topic. We will have a Hopper and two Joey's. Can the Hopper and Joey's watch the same recorded program at the same time?

Each Joey comes with a 40.0 remote, so no you don't need to buy a new one. Yes they can watch the same recorded program at the same time.

Each Joey comes with a 40.0 remote, so no you don't need to buy a new one. Yes they can watch the same recorded program at the same time.

I plan on splitting the Joey through a modulator to two TV's. Having a second remote for that Joey would be nice since the TV's wll be in separate rooms and it would be even nicer if my old 6.3 Pro remote would work.

I plan on splitting the Joey through a modulator to two TV's. Having a second remote for that Joey would be nice since the TV's wll be in separate rooms and it would be even nicer if my old 6.3 Pro remote would work.
Only a 32.0 (from a 922) or the 40.0 remotes will work. Other remotes use different frequencies and won't work. You can buy additional H/J remotes from your dish account on-line for $20 or may be able to find them on eBay.

Only a 32.0 (from a 922) or the 40.0 remotes will work. Other remotes use different frequencies and won't work. You can buy additional H/J remotes from your dish account on-line for $20 or may be able to find them on eBay.

Older remotes will work in IR mode. He could use the 6.3 at the Joey location and use the 40.0 at the remote location. I do simlilary with a 21.0.

Hi All, I paired a 32.0 Remote to a Joey and it came up on the setting screen, had the requisite beeps and the locate function works - but the remote doesn't do anything - none of the buttons on the 32.0 remote get a response from the Joey. Any ideas on why this is happening? Is there a reset that needs to be done to the remote?

Thanks for any direction
Chris10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts