Can you make links different color?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Scott,
Is it possible to change the color so we can see them better? Such as a shade of red?

Sometimes it's impossible to distinguish between text and links, unless the poster states it's a link.

Thanks!

I agree - in theory

The current links are light blue.
So are some advertizing-created links placed on our posts (like the word: mount ).
To distinguish and emphasize my links (and I put quite a few in my posts), I manually underline 'em all.

That's been my work-around for a long time.

Don't think making them red, or auto-bold, or anything else would necessarily a good thing.
The writer can change the color if he likes, and we'll see if people like reading multi-colored text.
I outlaw it on my IRC channel. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, the light blue text does fade into the background, so searching for a workable solution is still a good idea.

The current links are light blue.
So are some advertizing-created links placed on our posts (like the word: mount ).
To distinguish and emphasize my links (and I put quite a few in my posts), I manually underline 'em all.

That's been my work-around for a long time.

Don't think making them red, or auto-bold, or anything else would necessarily a good thing.
The writer can change the color if he likes, and we'll see if people like reading multi-colored text.
I outlaw it on my IRC channel. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, the light blue text does fade into the background, so searching for a workable solution is still a good idea.

Actually the current links here are a dark blue <<<(see what I mean) and are hard to see in black text. And it doesn't have to be red, it can be orange, yellow, green, purple, something subtle, yet distinctive. And only for the link, not making their post multi-color.

I have just seen more than one person metion they missed a link in the past week because it was indicated as such, and I also find it difficult at times.

Sorry I missed this.

I wish it was as easy as just changing one color for the links and being all set. I tried this last year and by changing the link color it also changed the color of some other features making them unreachable.

vBulletin uses CSS (cascading style sheets) and for some reason a few things are tied to one color.

You may be able to do it with CSS.. if you have a custom name on the table for messages you might be able to get away with something like this

#MessageThread TR TD DIV A { color: red; }

and it would only affect things that were named MessageThread and had a TR in it followed by a TD and a DIV then finally an anchor.

I've used that syntex for tabs and dropdown menus.. Yahoo does something similar as well for their tabs

Sorry I missed this.

I wish it was as easy as just changing one color for the links and being all set. I tried this last year and by changing the link color it also changed the color of some other features making them unreachable.

vBulletin uses CSS (cascading style sheets) and for some reason a few things are tied to one color.

Can you use bold for the links or would you have the same problem as using a different color?

Firefox and IE both allow you to override the colors and what-not spec'd on pages or does CSS still override these settings ??

The kind folks at vBulletin could make a lot of friends if they'd do something about this. Even if it is just tinkering with the default motifs/skins.

vBulletin at fault?

Anyone else notice this?
I want to link some text to Google...
So, I highlight the text, then click on the link button, and paste in my link address...
Now, on my edit screen, I see the link is underlined, and in fact the little U icon shows that the text IS underlined.
(but it won't be if I hit the Submit Reply button now.

So, what I have to do to really underline the link, is to manually hit the underline button (while it's hightlighted), and then I'm good.
90% of the time I remember to manually underline my link, but since there is no on-screen indication, I do sometimes miss it.

Is there a fix for this problem?
Or have I been unclear in my explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)