Can you mirror Hopper 3 on 2nd TV?

Thanks for the link, fuzzy. I like the bi-directional aspect of that switch. Plus, it may be more reliable for two sources to one output than the automatic ones. There's a lot of mixed reviews out there about those.

That's perfect. Funny how such old technology (an A/B switch) will let me switch between my Hopper 3 and Joey in the kitchen like I will need to. We'll probably pass the Hopper through to the kitchen 90% of the time, but if my wife wants to watch something else in the kitchen, she can switch to the Joey. My life just got simpler!

I believe , as I have heard complaints from customers, and seen negatives , that HDMI splitters will negate the effect of certain Hopper 3 features .
I would use the RF modulator for a mirrored TV as I always do, not the best "oh my god HD" picture but it's mirrored , easy to do.
If I am the only one experiencing problems with HDMI splitters in my area, then let me know. Netflix issues, and VOD problems with the HD splitter .
RF modulators are cheap use composite// RCA and a Coax cable to TV 2 .

I believe , as I have heard complaints from customers, and seen negatives , that HDMI splitters will negate the effect of certain Hopper 3 features .
I would use the RF modulator for a mirrored TV as I always do, not the best "oh my god HD" picture but it's mirrored , easy to do.
If I am the only one experiencing problems with HDMI splitters in my area, then let me know. Netflix issues, and VOD problems with the HD splitter .
RF modulators are cheap use composite// RCA and a Coax cable to TV 2 .
No problem with splitters here. Netflix/VOD/etc all work fine.

Which Arc are you on and what kind of splitter are you using? Just curious so I can relay this to Dish and my FSM.
Thank ya
H3 has just been Eastern. HWS was previously Western before switching to Eastern. A couple of different brands. I think the H3 is probably a Sewell 2 port. None of the two ports were over $25.00 the four port I have on a Joey2 was also inexpensive, probably not more than $50.

The splitters go back to VIP days, pushing 6 years old now.

Have used the Sewell at several friends/family without issue.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Good discussion, guys! OP here. I haven't gotten my H3 yet, but I have an active splitter I've been using with a 722k to a second TV. I think I'll see if it behaves with the H3. I'm planning on using a Joey on the 2nd TV and a switch so we can watch the H3 OR something different on the Joey. The main TV with the H3 is a family room TV adjacent to our kitchen TV, so we normally move from room to room and I don't want to have to change the channel on the Joey every time I go in the kitchen. But sometimes my wife wouldn't mind watching something different in the kitchen, so that's where the Joey comes in. I say all this, assuming there isn't a "dual mode" on the H3 like there is on my 722.

I have a Red, White and Yellow RCA composite cable between the two rooms and DO have a component input on the 2nd TV in the kitchen.

I don't know your specific TV, but most TVs will use one of the component inputs as a composite video input.
Usually the Y (green) input doubles as composite.
Some auto switch, others you have to manually select composite instead of component.

You can use the 3 cables you have for component video, but then you have no audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts