can you order ppv using ethernet on hd dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Awohar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Australia
i have directv hd dvr and sd dvr, both are connected using ethernet. I can download vod so I know my connections are good. However I can not order ppv.

when I first set up the system and installed it, i didn't have the broadband connected so the guy at directv who activate system disabled impulse ppv. well now i have connected and try to order ppv event by remote control but can't. i calll the tech support at directv and the guy tell me i have to have phone line to order ppv and that broadband will only allow vod and not ppv. i don't feel this is accurate. is he right or do i need to go about it different to get to be able to order ppv via remote. so far they lose my business on one $60 hd ppv event because of this.

i have directv hd dvr and sd dvr, both are connected using ethernet. I can download vod so I know my connections are good. However I can not order ppv.

when I first set up the system and installed it, i didn't have the broadband connected so the guy at directv who activate system disabled impulse ppv. well now i have connected and try to order ppv event by remote control but can't. i calll the tech support at directv and the guy tell me i have to have phone line to order ppv and that broadband will only allow vod and not ppv. i don't feel this is accurate. is he right or do i need to go about it different to get to be able to order ppv via remote. so far they lose my business on one $60 hd ppv event because of this.
I have and the charge was instant on my Directv bill online.

Just tell them you have the phone line and to disable the impulse ppv block. Also, if you're willing to go through all this trouble, why not just order online or by phone?

i know this...but it doesn't answer my question
Don't take this wrong, but exactly what is your question? :)
Also, call DirecTV and have the impulse PPV enabled, as JosephB suggested.

I don't believe the ethernet connection will download PPV purchases from the access card.
BTW, if you order online then all receivers on the account can watch.

P.S. Are you really in Australia? I also see that you are a Dish Network subscriber???

Don't take this wrong, but exactly what is your question? :)
Also, call DirecTV and have the impulse PPV enabled, as JosephB suggested.

I don't believe the ethernet connection will download PPV purchases from the access card.
BTW, if you order online then all receivers on the account can watch.

P.S. Are you really in Australia? I also see that you are a Dish Network subscriber???

only part of year in Brissy, rest of time in the states. I prefer to watch ppv using remote because i might want something then and there and don't want to have to go up to my computer, turn it on, and then navigate to site, etc. remote is like two clicks and you are watching. basic dish network is part of association but directv is in contract i am still in.

It will work, just as as everyone else has said they have to re-enable Impulse Pay Per View (IPPV) If it gets troublesome, just say, yes I now have a phone line hooked up.

if they need to, just run a jumper to an open phone jack.. I use Network Connection only and have no problem ordering PPV and getting immediate billing.. but IPPV was never disabled on my accounts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)