Can you pls identify this dish is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Hi, This is an offset KU dish 9 ft. I just had to cut it half half to transport.
Now i want to build a mount for this; so I like to find how was the original mount looks like ? It ha s only a number printed back side. pls see the photos.
20151213_145609.jpg

20151213_145557.jpg

I just had to cut it half half to transport.
Do you thin that was good idea?! Any way, if you manage to get antenna in its original shape it will work like 6-footer. It seems to be old dish. Saying old- that means good. They did not make bad things in the past.

Don't have a clue as to who the original manufacturer is. The bolt holes on the molded ring suggest that the mount was a triangular affair. Think some pencil time will figure out a suitable Az/El configuration. O have something in mind- basically a copy of dish in the link below.
Something that may help get it going Parabola Calculator 2.0 (use the WIFI tab for offset dishes)
Are you sure it's an offset design? ( I ask as it looks 'round' )
Another BIG offset dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/anyone-interested-in-an-8ft-offset-dish.289882/

I'll buzz out to the shop tomorrow and take a few pictures. Should be easy to fabricate a mount system, likely does not have to be as heavy as the original.
-C.

Just got home, busy day, took longer than I thought to get these in...
Tried to take angles that best describe the mount engineering.

IMG_3656 (Large).JPG IMG_3657 (Large).JPG IMG_3658 (Large).JPG IMG_3659 (Large).JPG IMG_3660 (Large).JPG IMG_3661 (Large).JPG IMG_3662 (Large).JPG IMG_3663 (Large).JPG IMG_3664 (Large).JPG IMG_3665 (Large).JPG

The bolts that hold the mount to the dish are 1/2" X 1" standard thread.

Took a couple shots of the feed arm as well. I was hoping to have this up and running but just too many other projects going on. Had a pole lined up but I didn't think it would be strong enough, wall was too thin. Waiting for time to take a trip out west to the oil fields, might find something there.
-C.

Reactions: RimaNTSS
Nice and heavy metal! Somehow this metal reminds me Prodelin design, at least some parts. Maybe it is Prodelin (very old one) dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)