Can you record locals on Dish 510 Receiver

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Can you record over the air locals using a dish dvr510? I got one from a friend and going to upgrade to a 612 and vip622 and then add the 510. I'm thinking I could get rid the the locals and use the Antenna that is on the roof. Is this possible. Will I be able to record locals on these receivers? Would my second tv output on the vip622 have locals also or just on tv one?

Can you record over the air locals using a dish dvr510? I got one from a friend and going to upgrade to a 612 and vip622 and then add the 510. I'm thinking I could get rid the the locals and use the Antenna that is on the roof. Is this possible. Will I be able to record locals on these receivers? Would my second tv output on the vip622 have locals also or just on tv one?

The 622 only has one ota tuner and is attached to tv1 when unit is in dual user mode. If you dvr the ota, the recording can be watched almost live on tv2. Note: the 510 cannot record ota and you will not have guide info on the ota on the 622 without subscribing to your locals package. I am not familiar with the 612 as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)