Can you request a new satellite dish hook up

andrewj0781 said:
Since I needed the sp added to my account I had TonyT hook me up with that and the tech visit. Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Good deal, glad you got taken care of.

andrewj0781 said:
TRNS #19 = 42
TRNS #20 = 43
TRNS #29 = 41
TRNS #30 = 42

Wow had the new Dish installed today (west arc. the new black ones) signal
strength defiantly increased. (these are my new 129 signals)

TRNS #19 = 59
TRNS #20 = 60
TRNS #29 = 59
TRNS #30 = 60

I love the new k4 western arc dish. Signals here are about 15 to 20 points higher than the k2. Gotta get me one!

Nice! And the avatar looks much nicer too. You had a lot of dish going on there before. Looks cleaner IMO, and seems to be more potent in getting signal. Let me know how it goes or if anything pops up.

Nice! And the avatar looks much nicer too. You had a lot of dish going on there before. Looks cleaner IMO, and seems to be more potent in getting signal. Let me know how it goes or if anything pops up.

Will do. Thanks for all your help TonyT. The guy that game out did a great job. He not only installed the new dish. he went and checked all the wiring, and made sure all the wiring was grounded correctly. Even wore covers over his shoes to make sure he kept the mud outside. (which for the amounts of rain we've been getting my hard is very soft and muddy) I think he was new because he seems very shy. He would talk but you can tell he's not experienced. For one he never heard of satelliteguys.us two never knew dish and tivo where having issues. The only thing he did know was that Dish bought Blockbuster. If that's he only downfall he's still a great installer!!

Signal strengths are awesome. I still wouldn't have mounted it to the siding though.

I told him about that and he said the screws he used went into the wood of the house. He said the problem with the old set up is the guy that put the old one up screws only went a little past the insulation. He said no wonder you need an alignment. You can tell my looking at the base it's tight on the house not the siding. I guess time will tell.

andrewj0781 said:
The guy that game out did a great job. He not only installed the new dish. he went and checked all the wiring, and made sure all the wiring was grounded correctly. Even wore covers over his shoes to make sure he kept the mud outside. (which for the amounts of rain we've been getting my hard is very soft and muddy) I think he was new because he seems very shy. He would talk but you can tell he's not experienced. For one he never heard of satelliteguys.us two never knew dish and tivo where having issues. The only thing he did know was that Dish bought Blockbuster. If that's he only downfall he's still a great installer!!

Glad to hear he did his job correctly. An end to end check is required at every service call.

But him not knowing about satelliteguys really doesnt mean anything. We have an installer at my location that has been with dish more than 10 years and he didn't even know about it till i told him.

I only found it when i was looking for information on FTA satellites.

Dishman1978 said:
Glad to hear he did his job correctly. An end to end check is required at every service call.

But him not knowing about satelliteguys really doesnt mean anything. We have an installer at my location that has been with dish more than 10 years and he didn't even know about it till i told him.

I only found it when i was looking for information on FTA satellites.

I didn't mean he didn't know what he was doing because he never heard of this site. What I meant was if that's he only mistake he's a great installer. I'd rather have that then not know anything about the job. I found this website searching for a question about Dish. Then I realized how you get answers here faster then Dish.

What to say thanks. Was having some of your same issues. Had almost same 1st SS numbers. In Wisconsin just started to get warmer. Well 52 degrees today climbed up my roof. My 129 is on a dish 500 signal LNB tweaked it now I have you 2nd list of SS numbers. Like you said was dropping out of HD with light storms and pix from time to time looks good now. Was a great place to start . Peace.

Is that your dish in your avatar attached to vinyl siding? That is probably your issue...the Dish people say that a dish can not be attached to vinyl siding. I personally have yet to find one mounted to vinyl siding that was as stable as any of the "approved" mount methods.

Installling on vinyl siding is doable. However, it takes special skills not usually had by satellite TV installers.

It is not my preferred mounting location, but I've done lots of them, especially for two story houses.

The key is a tool made by "Malco" called the "Sideswiper (available at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $5), that allows the user to release the bottom of the sideing panel.

I carry pieces to precut 2x8 inch 1/2 inch thick plywood for these installs.

I'd release two siding panels, find the studs and mark their location with a light pencil mark on the outside bottom lip of the siding.

Then, I'd place two pieces of the plywod into the space or void under the siding, centering them horizontally with the wall stud.

Then, I'd mount the foot as usual.

This method works on both wood sheathing and houses with foam sheathing, since the plywood stabalizes the outer screws and holds them in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts