Can you sign in to premium On Demand with Orby?

NGeorge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Olympia, WA
Hey all --

I've been looking into Orby, but I noticed I do not see it on the "list of providers" when logging into Starz & HBO etc. (haven't checked Epix) for streaming On Demand on my LG & Apple TV apps... DirecTV is there of course, so I just plug in the code on my screen and log into D* and the On Demand pops up with a D* logo on the top right.

Does anyone know if Orby offers this feature, or if it's in the works? It makes it considerably less appealing to me if I can't access the On Demand content, especially since I'd be giving up a number of HD feeds of the movie channels... luckily these days the sheer number of HD feeds doesn't matter so much, provided you can access the On Demand content.

Thanks!
N

Hey all --

I've been looking into Orby, but I noticed I do not see it on the "list of providers" when logging into Starz & HBO etc. (haven't checked Epix) for streaming On Demand on my LG & Apple TV apps... DirecTV is there of course, so I just plug in the code on my screen and log into D* and the On Demand pops up with a D* logo on the top right.

Does anyone know if Orby offers this feature, or if it's in the works? It makes it considerably less appealing to me if I can't access the On Demand content, especially since I'd be giving up a number of HD feeds of the movie channels... luckily these days the sheer number of HD feeds doesn't matter so much, provided you can access the On Demand content.

Thanks!
N
I have looked at several sites myself and none of them accept Orby as a provider to allow streaming of their content even though those channels are in the Orby package that we pay for. I would hope that this is something that will change in the future but probably it is because Orby is not riddled with all the 'extras' that you pay for (whether you want them or not) with other providers. Perhaps those extras help pay for and entitle you to streaming. Not really fair in my opinion if that is the case but it is what it is. :rolleyes

Has anyone contacted Orby regarding this? Seems that it would be a great idea and also increase their revenue. :)
I did email Orby about this 6 months ago and was told that they are working with the providers.. I'm sure that they won't be granted the streaming since they obviously pay less for the service

Reactions: FTA4PA
The same answer I just got this afternoon when I asked:

"Thank you for contacting Orby TV. We are working to offer TV Everywhere, so Orby TV customers will be able to enter their Orby TV credentials at the websites of programming providers and be allowed to stream TV content from those sources. We don’t yet have an implementation date, but keep checking back for updates.

If you have more questions, you can visit us online at OrbyTV.com, or you can call us between 8 am and 9 pm EST, 7 days a week. 877-672-9881. Have a wonderful rest of your day!"

Hoping they can eventually get this done. :)

Reactions: Tvland1 and k.r.
The same answer I just got this afternoon when I asked:

"Thank you for contacting Orby TV. We are working to offer TV Everywhere, so Orby TV customers will be able to enter their Orby TV credentials at the websites of programming providers and be allowed to stream TV content from those sources. We don’t yet have an implementation date, but keep checking back for updates.

If you have more questions, you can visit us online at OrbyTV.com, or you can call us between 8 am and 9 pm EST, 7 days a week. 877-672-9881. Have a wonderful rest of your day!"

Hoping they can eventually get this done. :)

Pretty much what I figured the answer would be... unfortunately that makes it a no-go. Since I lost all my grandfathered DNS with D*, I’m open to try new things :)

N