can you still get the golf channel ala carte

I don't think so. It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that it was offered a la carte. Regardless, here is the link to the DISH Network website where the a la carte channels are advertised:

DISH Network -- A La Carte

Here is the link to the information about the Golf Channel, found on the DISH Network website (there is no mention of a la carte on this page). Also, some of the other a la carte channels (Veria, The Outdoor Channel, RFD-TV) indicate they are available as such on their own page:

DISH Network -- Channels

I don't think it's available a la carte any longer...

Cade

thanks... to bad because i was wanting that channel. does anybody know if the multi-sport blacks out spring training games and how often does a game go over the time limit where you can catch and inning or two of an out of market team?

does anybody know if the multi-sport blacks out spring training games and how often does a game go over the time limit where you can catch and inning or two of an out of market team?

I'm not sure about that. My experience is that it has been good for catching NHL replays for several teams but, as for live action, I haven't caught the ending of many NBA games at all. In fact, they are usually just walking back to the locker room once the blackout is lifted (so it seems to just fit right in the timing). I've probably caught the ending of a few Miami Heat games more than anybody else.

Baseball seems to move at a slower pace than hockey so I'm sort of expecting to see the ending of a few games but I'm not expecting much and I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure where you may live but I've been told (from my brother) that MASN doesn't black out their own replays of the Orioles. I believe this because he lives in the Atlanta market and we watched a replay late last year that was blackout-free. Apparently, at least for last year, that was consistent. (Not sure about the Nationals but none of that applies to me as I'm in the market of both of those teams and the Braves and Reds). I'd just weigh the pros and cons. The hockey (and the Canadian Football League) made it worthwhile for me. I'm anxious to see if I catch anything during baseball season (probably a rain delay if anything)...

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)