Can you watch your DVR on an Internet TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Just purchased and installed a Vizio 32" Internet TV. It's in a room without cable, so it's primary function is watching shows via Hulu or Netflix.

Question . . . Looking through the various menus I noticed my two HR24 DVR receivers with their recorded television and movie folders, but when I clicked on the folders they were empty. Should I be able to see and watch my DVRs on that television? If so, what do I need to do without upgrading to the newer receiver.

Thanks in advance

No you need whole home dvr to view the recorded shows

Sent from my iPhone

Lkr said:
No you need whole home dvr to view the recorded shows

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks. I actually have the whole home DVR system, but do not have an additional receiver for that tv.

You can watch it on a Samsung TV with RVU capability, but you still get charged an additional receiver fee. May as well mirror or get another receiver.

If you really want to get creative, you can use a PC, video capture card, blasters, RF or IP remotes and windows media center (or similar) and do all your recording on the PC which can then be streamed to a media center extender connected to your tv. But that's a lot of effort, complexity and expense to avoid $6/month. I look at it this way, most HD mirroring solutions (besides simply pulling new cables) cost a few hundred dollars. That at least 2-3 years worth of lease fees. It's just not worth it unless you already have something in place, which you don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)