Canadian Cancelling my Directv Service, need advice on how to manage the return

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you really want to send it back, get the mailing address and pay to ship it out of pocket UPS.

Unless they accept the return label, but those are generally USPS no postage due if shipped in the United States.

Yeah for sure that is what I plan to do, I mean it is on me, I can’t expect them to pay for this stuff from Canada and I’m just grateful I just have to send back one receiver.

I asked them to remove the other receivers from my account since hey said I don’t need to send them in order to avoid any miscommunication and they said they did, I got a good agent. The only issue now is that they have an issue where a disconnected customer loses access to their online account so I have not been able to validate and I’m waiting for them to fix my account.

How was the account setup? Who’s name is it under?

Did a friend use their US social security number to set it up?

Depending on how the account was created, you may be un collectible.

I would just put the equipment in the closet and keep it if you ever want to come back. If they charge you for the equipment so what, because they will credit it back if you decide to come back.

I did the same thing to bell expressvu. I just never updated my credit card, and let the account go.

Actually I never provided a social security number and it was all done legit under my name and just a fictitious address, I actually had to pay a $300 fee for not providing a SSN but they allowed me to pay it $5 at a time per statement, so I was okay with it.

I won’t try to avoid paying, I don’t want that in the back of my mind and I want to leave the door open in case I want to try their streaming service in the future.

Reactions: Jimbo and raoul5788
I wouldn't take the advice not to return if you care about credit and don't want some collection agency tracking you down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)