cancel and sign up as new customer?

theinv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
hi everyone,

If I cancel and signup again with different person in the household, will Dish accept me as a new customer?

I have been a DishNetwork customer for more than 3 years and I don't have any contract liabilities as of now. The main reason I want to sign up as new is to get all those good deals that only applies to new customers.

Currently, I have two DVRs (VIP622 and VIP625), but I want to get a third DVR and upgrade the existing two to VIP722 at the same time. Basically, my target is have two VIP722 and then either a VIP622 or a DVR625.

People have done that, but if your current units are leased receivers, you will have to send them back and new account name would not be able to upgrade them or use them. You would be starting back with no receivers. If you own them you may be able to do what you described.

There is a limit of 4 leased tuners on a new account so you won't be any better off than you are now. Do a dishing it up to upgrade.

Yes you may wish to have a VIP-722, but if it released on 8/15 (I think that the date), you may not be able to get one for two or three months, plus they (DISH) will only give you one until they get enough stock on hand. So you will be better off to just wait and do an upgrade down the road.

Don't u have to change the phone number too. If you have the same phone number, but different name, it is still the same household.

I was planning to do the same thing.

hi, thanks all!

It seems that there are a lot of troubles with cancelling. I think I will use the DishItUP instead. For the 3rd receiver, I will buy my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)