Cancel service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If and when.... AT&T is now making a play for TWC too.

I didn't know that. Thanks. That could get interesting.

The Charter/TWC merger was approved in New York State last week and that usually doesn't happen until everything is greased and it's pretty much a done deal. BTW, I see that TWC just announced a rate increase. :)

and why did they take your contract way? I don't believe for a minute that it was just to get out of paying residuals....

Reactions: KAB
Nope. It's more. $16.99 for my "starter pack" on TWC. Includes locals, most sub channels, and a few basic cable channels.
That's a pretty good deal. Here in the Detroit area, both Comcast and WOW! are far more expensive. Around the $30 range. I don't know what Brighthouse charges, but they are tied in with TWC.

That's why they took my contract away, to get out of paying me my residuals.
So your contract wasn't binding? It was openended and could be dissolved at anytime? I was just wondering because if you weren't aware of that going in, it would seem you would have a case on breach of contract.

I didn't know that. Thanks. That could get interesting.

The Charter/TWC merger was approved in New York State last week and that usually doesn't happen until everything is greased and it's pretty much a done deal. BTW, I see that TWC just announced a rate increase. :)
It's not Time Warner Cable, it's Time Warner the media company that owns HBO, Turner, etc.. two completely separate entities.

Huh? Time Warner Cable is slated to merge with Charter Cable. That's what I was talking about. Are you saying that AT&T is making a move on the media company?

http://consumerist.com/2015/11/03/c...plan-great-for-everyone-according-to-charter/
Yes, there has been rumors that Time Warner Inc may be trying to find a suitor. Apple and AT&T have been mentioned as MAYBE being interested. Nothing to do with the TWC/Charter deal. Hell, the DOJ wouldn't let them and Comcast merge and AT&T-DirecTV-UVerse is bigger than Comcast in subscriber numbers.
But I see what you were talking about, it was another poster that thought it was TWC.

Reactions: JSheridan
The PA ag got dish to drop over a grand in late fees and penalties.......

after our intellectually disabled friend, she is physically 27 years old, but mentally 8 years old. she signed a contract for dish, and anyone talking to her for more than a minute or two know she has issues......

intrerestingly a fios rep signed her up too.......

well the ag got her out of the contract. she had to move, the home where she was living got foreclosed on, its been sold at sheriffs sale..

she returned to her moms, and dish was in the neighborhood and signed her up again.......

claude graciously told me of this, or we would of never known.

i do know dish about the time of the fee hikes and all the rest screwed lots of dealers out of their resduals.

suit management at its finest

So your contract wasn't binding? It was openended and could be dissolved at anytime? I was just wondering because if you weren't aware of that going in, it would seem you would have a case on breach of contract.

The problem is that the original contract I signed in 1998 gave me some rights.

The issue is the contracts expire every 2 years, and it's a contract of adheasion.

It's 1 sided, either you sign the renewal with the new conditions or your not a dealer anymore.

They where paying me $500,000 per year to be a dealer, on top of my regular commissions.

That was their issue with me, and you know Dish will do anything they can do to save a buck.

The problem is that the original contract I signed in 1998 gave me some rights.

The issue is the contracts expire every 2 years, and it's a contract of adheasion.

It's 1 sided, either you sign the renewal with the new conditions or your not a dealer anymore.

They where paying me $500,000 per year to be a dealer, on top of my regular commissions.

That was their issue with me, and you know Dish will do anything they can do to save a buck.

So, basically with that one sided, take it or leave it contract, they ended up changing the terms from previous years so that retailers had to basically do what Dish wanted or not play the game, and at the same time they took away your incentive bonus and any residuals that you might have received (or were receiving) from previous agreements?
I guess they used you retailers for the big growth part of their "product life cycle" and once they got to maturity, made their terms unconscionable for many dealers? Just want the big RSPs now?

Does DirecTV do the same with the contracts of adhesion? Has anything changed with AT&T?

So, basically with that one sided, take it or leave it contract, they ended up changing the terms from previous years so that retailers had to basically do what Dish wanted or not play the game, and at the same time they took away your incentive bonus and any residuals that you might have received (or were receiving) from previous agreements?
I guess they used you retailers for the big growth part of their "product life cycle" and once they got to maturity, made their terms unconscionable for many dealers? Just want the big RSPs now?

Does DirecTV do the same with the contracts of adhesion? Has anything changed with AT&T?

I haven't had to renew my directv since I signed on in 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)