Cancel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
I recently had some trouble upgrading to hd and everyone says to talk to customer retention. The only way to reach them is to say cancel at the prompt. Is there any way that the automated system would cancel my account without putting me through to customer retention first?

And just because you say 'cancel' at the prompt doesn't mean you actually have to ever tell the live person that you are considering (or threatening) canceling. It just puts you in the right queue.

I ended up getting a call from directv before I had a chance to call them. I talked to someone who asked about the problems I was having with an upgrade. When I explained the problem he apologized and gave me a $60 bill credit. He then told me to call a csr to upgrade my receiver. So I called and talked to a rep in sales who quoted me a price of $232. I passed on that and called and talked to a very nice csr who told me she could get me the upgrade for a total of $126.09 so I took that deal. So after taking the $60 credit off I ended up getting the hd-dvr upgrade for a little over $65. Thanks for all your quick responses!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)