Canceled Blockbuster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
I guess I am just getting too old and grumpy as I just dropped Blockbuster over a $6.00 movie. I have let 7 pay per view certificates expire over the last couple of years but finally decided to use one last night. Really never have paid for a movie from Dish as it is only 1.50 for Red Box just down the street. Never paid any attention to the difference in Pay Per View & On Demand so I went to the On Demand to pick out a movie. I thought it would give me an option to pay and I would cancel if I was unable to use my certificate. Since it just down loaded the movie we watched it. Called today to try and get my charge refunded and use 1 of my Certificates. CSR explained the difference in no uncertain terms and said no way. So in my unpleasant way I said maybe we should just cancel Blockbuster and be done with it. He said he would could do that and it only took him a few seconds. Haven't really been watching the extra channels but decided to keep it even after they quit mailing. I would have thought the extra $120 a year would have been enough to rebate a $6.00 movie but he call my bluff and I'm too hard headed to call back.:mad:

Well, you at least learned the difference, albeit the hard way.

You really need to read the forums since BB has already announced they are closing you just hastened your departure.
That I knew. Always thought the extra channels were worth the $10 but we just don't ever watch them either.

I quit Blockbuster over a year ago. I liked Blu Ray Discs because of the superior audio and video in which I enjoyed on my 7.1 audio receiver and Oppo Blu Ray Player. All the good movies used to say long wait. Got tired of that. And yes, that Video On Demand and Pay Per View is different. Weird and confusing. I, like ross9 would rather drive down the street and use Red Box. Paying 6 or 7 Dollars for a HD Movie thru Dish movie is ridiculous.

I thought blockbuster movie thing was free. I have the everything pack, it only shows movie that are playing on epix, hbo, showtime, starz, and cinemax...movies that on playing hdnet, unverisal, and think there is few others you have to pay for. I see that dish is offering 3 month for free, so I am not sure if I am getting these movies for free when I select rent because I have a brand new hopper, that I didnt even buy from dish got from ebay. Is that why its free?

Blockbuster online rentals from Dish BB@H isn't going anywhere. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)