Canceled Dish - they sent 2 boxes for receivers!?

Muckrak3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Texas
I only have a VIP 722, I have only ever had 1 receiver actually. Like 8 years ago I got a 500 series DVR, and then right when the ViP722 released, I got that and sent the 500 series DVR back. Why does Dish think I have 2? The email we got before getting the UPS boxes delivered says there is also an 811 receiver. Never had one of those!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I only have a VIP 722, I have only ever had 1 receiver actually. Like 8 years ago I got a 500 series DVR, and then right when the ViP722 released, I got that and sent the 500 series DVR back. Why does Dish think I have 2? The email we got before getting the UPS boxes delivered says there is also an 811 receiver. Never had one of those!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sorry to see that you canceled your service with us. If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number I can see what the boxes are for.

We do ask for the LNB on the dish back along with any leased receivers, but I'll double check for you.

Thanks Matt- I had Internet problems last night and today, so I was unable to look up my account number. I called Dish today and it turns out the 811 was the original DVR I used years and years ago and when a tech came out to install the ViP722 and add an additional tuner, he took the 811. I wasn't charged for the receiver fee each month, but for some reason it never cleared off my account.

The person I talked to was very helpful and said they would note it in my account. I will be sending back the 722 and LNB tomorrow. Thanks again.