Canceled Dish, what to do next?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I’ve had my account on pause since the ESPN blackouts. Today I finally decided to cancel and stick with YouTube TV. My question is what do I need to do with my receivers before I send them back. I’m guessing I would need to log out of all apps (Netflix, Prime, etc.)? Can that be done through the apps on the receiver? Is there any other personal information I should clear before returning them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BarnRat
CALL DISH and have them cancel your account and talk to them. They will send boxes for the receivers so you can send them back (if you rent them) and tell you what to do and how much to pay, if you have any months left on a commitment.

Actually I’ve already called and cancelled. I should be receiving boxes in a few days. I’m asking if there’s any personal house cleaning I need to do on the receivers before I send them back. Kinda like how you would return a cell phone back to factory settings before you sell it to someone? Would there be any personal information on the receiver that I would need to get rid of? I signed out of the Netflix and Prime app already.

Reactions: BarnRat
CALL DISH and have them cancel your account and talk to them. They will send boxes for the receivers so you can send them back (if you rent them) and tell you what to do and how much to pay, if you have any months left on a commitment.
He has already called in and cancelled. Maybe carefully read the post before replying.
Just saying.....

...Would there be any personal information on the receiver that I would need to get rid of? I signed out of the Netflix and Prime app already.
I don't know of any option to erase everything. Maybe someone else here does?

If you have signed out of those Prime and Netflix then you should be good. Even if you hadn't signed out, they will probably do a factory wipe of the hard drive.

If you wanted to be extra safe, you could change your Netflix and Prime passwords.

Should all the recordings be deleted out of courtesy?
Or, does Dish format the hard drive and use the unit as refurbished?
Yes, I know resetting is the fastest way to get rid of recordings. But, that method also deletes all the updates.

Actually I’ve already called and cancelled. I should be receiving boxes in a few days. I’m asking if there’s any personal house cleaning I need to do on the receivers before I send them back. Kinda like how you would return a cell phone back to factory settings before you sell it to someone? Would there be any personal information on the receiver that I would need to get rid of? I signed out of the Netflix and Prime app already.

NO, I don't know of anything other than clearing out the credit card you might have registered for pay per views. In the hopper it is listed when I used to buy pay per views.

Reactions: charlesrshell