canceled dtv today. question about vavavoom package.

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I canceled dtv today and I'm thinking of getting the vavavoom package since it's basically the difference of what I was paying dtv. I have the no contract leased box deal. If I switch to the vavavoom package and then decide to go back to the basic package, will I have to pay a higher rate? I thought I had read somewhere that they may raise the regular package price and if you switched to vavavoom then switched back you would have to pay the higher rate. This may be wrong but I just wanted to doublecheck.

Someone raised this question a while back.

The answer they posted quoted VOOM as saying the $39.95 basic price was good till the end of the year (But I'd get it straight from VOOM, if I were you).

I think you will be pleased with VAVAVOOM. I can't imagine giving it up. It's cool to see the newer movies looking better than my DVDs. :)

What are you paying for vavavoom? Dont they have a special running? My install included marquee free. If I went to vavavoom, already being a customer, would I get any promo on vavavoom? If I later went back to the basic, I'd boubt marquee would still be adding in free (I wonder)?

I thought the marquee package was included in the regular lineup. When you look at the channel list they show those channels as being included.

VVV is $79.90 per month. The free programming ended in March, and when we converted to VVV we were told that the price was locked in for the rest of 2004, no matter how many channels get added this year.

However, none of that is in writing, and the customer agreement says that Voom can change the prices at any time. I would guess (and it's just a guess) that if you signed up for VVV as of a certain date, it should lock your base rate for the rest of 2004, so if you eventually dropped VVV and went back to basic with plus paks, the rate for basic would be the same as it was when you signed up.

Voom CSR on switching packages and the price

Right now you can switch back and forth between programming packages as
much as you want. You can start with the VaVaVoom $79 and go down to the VoomEx $39 or vice versa. As of right not it is not a problem to do. They haven't told us how things will be handle once the price goes up.

I wish I could be more help.

I had the VaVAVoom package and downgrade to the basic with only one movie channel. Voom will adjust the pricing down if you downgrade or up if you upgrade. I know its better to make the change near your billing date. If you do it passed your billing date Voom will prorate accordingly.

Also, when switching programming try and do it on the same day of the month. If you go with say HBO for awhile and then want to switch to Cinemax wait until the same day the next month because you will be billed for the entire month of HBO anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)