Cancellation Fees

I haven’t been under contract in many years. I’ve been a loyal Dish sub for 14+ years and have been extremely pleased in the innovation and remote features of the hardware. As most have indicated, the upcoming $5 increase toward the middle of the month, coupled with access to decent internet, led me to “cut the cord.” My wireless provider gives a $10/mo credit for both Philo and YouTube TV, therefore I have every channel I need while saving $23 per month. The Fire TV OS seamlessly bridges the two services in one guide, which brings back most of the Hopper’s functionality. I’m going to miss the Hopper but it was time to “cut” my losses. :)

The advertised cost for a return shipping box is $15 but if you gripe and cuss at them, they will probably waive the charge (be nice).

cussing someone nicely.
How do you accomplish that? Cuss like a drunk sailor and claim you really didn't mean it?
old man.gif

If you are under contract, just look at the fine print on you bill. The cancelation charges are specified there. They are $20 per month for each month remaining on your contract.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Remaining months is a misnomer that is technically incorrect. The correct term is uncompleted months. If you finish 29 of 30 days in a month, that also gets the $20. Just a heads up. That’s if you upgraded, or took the PCO. If you took a commitment with a lower credit, it is $10/uncompleted month. If you haven’t done any, it is just the $15/shipping label used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)