Cancelled Dish have shows on external

As long as you are a subscriber different subscribed 722s can play the content. There is a whole house key that is unique to your account that is given to your subscribed 722s/622s/922s that allows them to share the same encrypted drives. If you take your drive over to a friends house or buy another receiver and do not subscribe the new receiver it will not be able to decrypt the external drive.

So, if your 722 breaks you can exchange it with Dish and your external hard drives will work with the replacement receiver, once the receiver is activated on your account it will be given the decryption key.

What if he were to activate that 722, hook up his EHD and then canceled service. It used to be as long as your receiver had a satellite signal your recordings on your receiver were able still to be viewed. He could then either view the programs off his unsubscribed receiver and possibly watch the stuff on the EHD, no?

if your service is closed your SOL if you dont have a box that you own. If you own a 722....

prior to closing your account disconect the power and close the account. then wate a day or so untill you watch your old stuff
then when you want to watch your Ext hd plug the box back in and pull up your media drive then disconect the sat coming in to the box . dont know why it has to have signal coming in to view the exturnal drive as with no siginal you can see the the internal one. i just remove the sat signal once i get axx to exturnal as dish migh send the kill hit as my box thinks is stll active but the keys have changed so i cant watch live dish but still use my exturnal . im gessing if i leave the signal in all the time dish will kill it and cant axx my exturnal drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)