GEOSATpro Cannot receive" MPEG-2" Or "MPEG-4" Only" DVB-S" TPs And Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you're using a 6 foot dish for C-Band, DVB-S2 is going to be very hard to keep locked (or in many cases even get a hint of in a scan).

Hello Tron,

I am defenitely using a 6 foot dish, the $69.99 dish special. I guess that there is no need to beat a dead horse. I have been looking around for a bigger dish with no luck, even checked into the Craiglist website for dishes in this area.

Tron, what size of dish are you using and are you having some of the problems that I am having to view most of these channels?

avenger.

P.S I would like to thank everyone and I do appreciate all the input given to me with this problem.

Thanks. Thanks.

Ok well thats why, get a bigger dish or try to get that thing tweaked to the max but you still will probably have issues, not sure how good a $69 dish would be.

i just scanned 87w with my 6' sadoun and a dmx741 lnb with the solomend pvr800 (s9). i checked the tp list and 3920 was not listed so i added it in. then peaked the dish on 3920 with the vbox. blind scanned 47 channels including those on the red list. before this i checked on the 8' with a microhd receiver. i peaked the dish with the gbox on 3919 which was already listed. scanned a comparable amount of channels. last week i was having problems with the 6' so did a complete realignment on it, including peaking the dmx741. usually the microhd is a little bit better receiver than the solomend but sometimes the solomend is better. will try some more of the channels you are having trouble with. i don't think the size of your dish is a problem. charlie

i don't think the size of your dish is a problem. charlie

Charlie,

This dish have been of good service to me, and the advice is to tweak it and peak it. I sure hate to give up on this weak horse. So as soon as the rain stops and the swampy ground dries a bit, I will be there trying to revive this friend of mine.

Thanks for the encouragement will keep you guys posted of my progress. Will check out the TP that you mention and see what it looks like.

Thanks.

my 6 footer gets some of the DVB-S2 on C-Band...using the list you linked to here is off the top of my head what I can get (Minneapolis MN)

137W
Luken Mux

Line of site issues from 125-133 or so (tree)

121W
3890 mux (Fight Now)

116W footprint issue
113W low signal on most everything

111W
SCN

107.3W
CBC
Tele-Quebec

105W
NOTHING.....its a pain to get NASA which is DVB

103W
4089 TP (Spanish mux)

101W
TCT (but very low signal)

99W
E-Scapes
Once in a while ABC

95W
ABC

91W
All except for BYU

87W
Weathernation mux

Anything else takes a lot of work to even attempt to get them

Don't forget guys, FOOTPRINT is everything!

Sure some people can get certain weak signals with a 6 ft dish if they are located dead square center of the satbeam. Doesn't mean another person can if he's out of that perfect beam center, and even if he has a perfectly tuned system. You must use Lyngsat's given EIRP levels for your area, and match them to the size of your dish.

Here's the site to check: http://www.radsat.co.uk/satellite_tv/antenna_sizes_for_eirp_outputs.htm

So before you spend tons of time trying to get in signals that just are never going to happen, check Lyngsat, and then check the list above for possibilities.

Bigger dish would be the best fix. Hopefully he can locate a bigger one nearby, and put it in the ground. S2 stuff is finicky without good signal levels. Keep your eyes peeled avenger! As you travel around you just might locate a dish somebody has abandoned.

Tron, what size of dish are you using and are you having some of the problems that I am having to view most of these channels?

I'm using a 6 foot panel dish, and the only C-Band signals I can reliably catch are DVB-S. I occasionally am able to lock the DVB-S2 RTV TPs, but more often than not, they are unwatchable.

I'm eyeing what I believe to be a 10 foot Paraclipse in Gentilly (New Orleans), but it will need re-meshing. It's nothing that can't be done, Stogie fixed up a 12 footer that now looks brand new ;) ...

I'm using a 6 foot panel dish, and the only C-Band signals I can reliably catch are DVB-S. I occasionally am able to lock the DVB-S2 RTV TPs, but more often than not, they are unwatchable.

I'm eyeing what I believe to be a 10 foot Paraclipse in Gentilly (New Orleans), but it will need re-meshing. It's nothing that can't be done, Stogie fixed up a 12 footer that now looks brand new ;) ...

Well I guess that this area is not too "C" band friendly for a 6 foot dish, will keep both eyes wide open for something bigger. Today I gather all my FTA finding equipment and spent almost two hours working on the $69.99 dish special, was happy to see some quality improvement on a few channels, but they are not of the ones that I was looking to find.

Went to Stogie's house about a month or so, he have quite an assortment of dishes mushrooming on his yard.

avenger.

A few questions to make sure you are getting the most out of what you already have...

Was a string test performed on all panels to make sure the surface is as accurate and reflecting to the sweet spot?

Place a laser level on the feed horn to center and be perfectly aimed to the center of the reflector?

Optimize the FD on the weakest transponders or those with most adjacent side lobe interference?

A few questions to make sure you are getting the most out of what you already have...

Was a string test performed on all panels to make sure the surface is as accurate and reflecting to the sweet spot?

Place a laser level on the feed horn to center and be perfectly aimed to the center of the reflector?

Optimize the FD on the weakest transponders or those with most adjacent side lobe interference?

Brian, the string test was/is performed six panels three strings, all three string kissing each other.

Played withn the weakest transporter and was able to improve quality a bit.

Have not use a laser level as of yet, will have to but one. When I get the laser will report if there is any any improvement.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)