KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I have noticed that if you are using the DVR functions, either recording or have time shift on, you cannot access the detailed info screen. Also the ok button will not bring up the channel list, while using DVR functions. Is this a bug Brian?
Is anybody else seeing this?

Oh ok, and I searched pretty good I thought, before posting....guess not good enough.:rolleyes:

Well that is a bummer if it can't be fixed.

no worries ;)

I noticed it right away when using the timeshift. If you hit info right away (after selecting a channel) it will show but once the DVR starts buffering it does that

Of course it "locks" those controls! If you somehow brought them up, they would be on the recording!

So, I would say this is a feature, and a very GOOD one at that!

Why would it show that on the recording? That is independent of what is going to the hard drive.

it wont show. The recording comes from the stream so you can press CC on, teletext, change the time or volume and it wont show that

ALso the volume can be changed on playback too :)

I have noticed that if you are using the DVR functions, either recording or have time shift on, you cannot access the detailed info screen.
It is not a bug that the detailed information screen is not available once the Record Banner is displayed. The detailed information screen was causing some unwanted issues when displayed with the Record Banner in the playback mode. Unfortunately, playback mode is effectively activated mode in timeshift mode, so we opted to remove detailed information when the DVR mode (including playback) is active.

Hint: Timeshift mode - You can access the detailed information screen when the channel is first tuned and the Channel Banner is initially displayed. If you have the banner timeout set to the 5 second default, you have 5 seconds to press the Info key to display the detailed information. If the initial Channel BAnner times out and disappears, the detailed information screen will not be available.

the ok button will not bring up the channel list, while using DVR functions.

Not seeing this issue on any of the test bench systems or on my home system. The List/OK key displays any available channels on the same transponder (MCPC) as the one that is being recorded. Are you recording a SCPC channel that has no other channels on it? Did you perform a factory reset after updating the firmware?

Yeah I always do a factory reset. But never mind the ok button not bringing up the channel list..:doh: I was so worried about the info screen that I was hitting ok/list while the banner was still up. Yes I knew it only showed what was on a transponder if recording, but I was talking about the list not working with timeshift, but it works fine...I guess I was having a duh moment yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)