can't access SiriusXM channels online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How about the CD channels? The audio quality (to me) always sounded better anyhow.

I thought dish only did music. I stream slacker from my phone to my car radio via Bluetooth..slacker wins hands down..they do 128k streaming..blows Sirius/xm away

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
That's correct, I was referring to getting an online subscription from SiriusXM.

Just my 2 cents I don't understand why Sirius would have a problem with dish customers playing Sirius music on their dishanywhere app.
Unfortunately, there are some "public performance" clauses in DISH's contracts with the carriers (just as there is a prohibition in the Residential Agreement) and people that use their tablet or phone to provide music at their workplace or watering hole are often chronic violators. I was in a doctor's office this morning that was using an iPad to stream to the house sound system from a personal account on Pandora. I could have just as easily been a DISH Anywhere account.

Yes you are missing everything! SiriusXM is in business, foreign though it is to some they need money from subscribers to do that. They charge to listen online, why would you get it free on top of getting it from DISH? Why not just pay their online fee and listen?
OK I think people are misunderstanding what I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to say that dish should add howard stern to their lineup. I was saying that Sirius should let people stream Sirius through dishanywhere and during the stream advertise to dish customers to sign up for Sirius xm app to listen to even more music and talk through the Sirius app. People aren't going to cancel dish to sign up for Sirius or vice versa there two different mediums. What Sirius is trying to do is force people to sign up for the Sirius app to listen to music and instead I think Sirius should allow the stream and advertise to sign up for the Sirius app. This is all hypothetical and I know lawyers are jumping up and down but just think it's smart move.

I understand one of the reasons for this move is people were surveyed why they subscribe to SiriusXM or SiriusXM Online. A common answer given was I get it free on my DISH account.

In the end... it's all about the Benjamins. :D

Hope this doesn't become the slippery slope for sports. I see a time when RSNs will require their channels are blacked out during live sporting events.

Hope this doesn't become the slippery slope for sports. I see a time when RSNs will require their channels are blacked out during live sporting events.
I was thinking the same thing and I have a thought. You know how dish has to pay RSNs and HBO for their channels, what if Sirius pays dish? It's great advertising for Sirius to see their dog logo on all those channels and encourages dish subscribers to subscribe to Sirius xm in their car or smart phone. If that is the case, I can totally see dish telling Sirius sure no problem we will remove your music channels from dishanywhere as long as you continue to give us kickbacks.

Edit, So what I'm trying to get at is the same thing won't happen with RSN channels or whoever because it's a different situation. Total speculation just fun to think about.

What Sirius is trying to do is force people to sign up for the Sirius app to listen to music and instead I think Sirius should allow the stream and advertise to sign up for the Sirius app.

You got that right - Sirius is trying to get people to use their app or just go online. That's because that's their whole business - selling subscriptions not giving it away for free. We have had how long now to buy their service based on the free use? If you didn't buy it by now you won't if it's free. They know some won't at all, but why do they care about them - why give them the service free? And they know others will buy their service, but not while it's free, so why keep giving it free?

I also don't know if they ever intended for their product to be used in that way, they have been on DISH long before the Hopper, sling addition, etc.....

You got that right - Sirius is trying to get people to use their app or just go online. That's because that's their whole business - selling subscriptions not giving it away for free. We have had how long now to buy their service based on the free use? If you didn't buy it by now you won't if it's free. They know some won't at all, but why do they care about them - why give them the service free? And they know others will buy their service, but not while it's free, so why keep giving it free?
I guess just for advertising but I dunno if they are even able to advertise on dish through their music channels. But yeah I hear you some people will just never sign up

I also don't know if they ever intended for their product to be used in that way, they have been on DISH long before the Hopper, sling addition, etc.....
However...Sirius wasn't free to Dish Network. They are probably collecting a pretty handsome sum from Dish. Their online apps tend to suck. I have it on several devices now and it constantly needs to buffer and cuts out if you don't interact with it every hour or two. Sirius does have to pay more for online performances that they stream. I wonder if hour friends at RIAA have called them out on Dish streaming...

Even if the channel doesn't show in the guide you can still type the channel you want directly as 099xx.

IIRC they didn't buy out SiriusXM, but rather Musak. But my memory is fuzzy on that.

I just looked online, it looks like Dish was interested in buying a bunch of shares to help them out instead of them going bankrupt. I think Liberty Media ended up helping them out though. I remember when Sirius/XM shares were down to $.05

i like slacker and spotify also i listen to it on my computer it sounds great one of these days siriusxm music channel will be broadcasting in 128 or higher.what is the bitrate that are the siriusxm music channels right now on dish i am just wondering.

Thanks

allen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)