Can't do IA5 - what about G10?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dzinkin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Hello again! I got the Winegard dish recommended by PSB and a Coolsat 5000 to go with it -- but unfortunately, the location of the pole doesn't provide enough clearance for the dish to move to IA5. I've parked it on Echo 9 for now just so it's on something, but if I were to try for G10, what are the odds that I could actually get a good picture from the Rochester, NY area with a 31-inch dish? Thanks again :)

The coverage looks as good as here if not slightly better......

http://www.panamsat.com/global_network/galaxy10R_ku.asp

Code:
                     Rochester, NY 14626
         Latitude 43° 12.756'N Longitude 77° 42.240'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)   El  Skew
--------------------------------------------------------------

Galaxy 10R  123.0W 235.9 248.6 22.8  37.1

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

Just finished watching Quincy. Thanks a lot... this place rules.

No, I'm not going to get addicted and add more dishes (the homeowner's association will see to that), but I'm loving this. :)

Whatever, we all say that. I haven't even got my install tweaked out yet and I'm ready to add all kinds of stuff. Just move your dish around and see what you'll find and in no time you'll be ready to add a motor and/or more dishes and more receivers and....before you know it your neighbors will think you're some sort of spy or something.

dzinkin said:
No, I'm not going to get addicted and add more dishes (the homeowner's association will see to that), but I'm loving this. :)

HOA has no say :) FCC ruling overrides it

as long as its less than a meter and on your exclusive area (I assume your existing one is), you're fine.

I have a HOA that tried a 1 dish rule but at the time Mpls had 2 dishes needed for locals :)

I'll snap some updated pictures tomorrow of my dish farm :)

The association has run interference for me before, so even though it's legal I'm not inclined to tick them off. Among other things, the woman in the unit below mine once reported me to them for walking to the bathroom at 2 am and they got her off my case. (Of course, maybe if I install a dish at that hour, my bathroom trips will seem quiet to her by comparison. :) OTOH, they've been pretty supportive -- their only requests when I had DirecTV installed were that I at least try to make it as inconspicuous as possible and that I put a cover on it if someone complained. No one has so far (save for one woman who was quickly mollified when I informed her that not all dishes are as big the one outside the NBC affil here) and the cover's still in its bag.

We'll see... given the small space I have I just think an Iceberg-style dish farm is more for when I get a house. But if I can arrange a good view of IA5, I could rethink that. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)